• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pac-12 scraps divisions

terrible, whats the point in a conf champ game if you dont have divisions.....

destroy any and all tradtion college football fans have known. before they did it for creating new traditions, now they just dont give a you know what and are saying we want the most dollars and will wreck everything to get it cuz the tv ppl will pay for it.

Last edited:
terrible, whats the point in a conf champ game if you dont have divisions.....

destroy any and all tradtion college football fans have known. before they did it for creating new traditions, now they just dont give a you know what and are saying we want the most dollars and will wreck everything to get it cuz the tv ppl will pay for it.

The problem is 14-16-20 team conferences, in which your division is the same size as the old Big 8.

I actually prefer the idea of playing the same 3-4 teams annually and then rotating through the rest of the conference.

I want to beat Maryland, sure, but I don't really HATE them like I hate Iowa.

Lol…I think I remember when it was a must to have divisions after all the initial conference shakeups

Hopefully this will load, this is something I drew up a few months ago when this first started to be discussed. Each team has 3 common conference opponents, also I included an ACC and PAC 12 opponent each year. I focused on Nebraska's schedule for the next few years if we went to this model.

Attachments

• alliance.pdf
    71.6 KB · Views: 184
The Mountain West is also scrapping divisions.

Mods, if this continues, it might be worth moving to the main football forum during the offseason. Re-jiggering conferences and divisions is pretty big news and it does indirectly affect NU (along with everybody else).

I suspect the B1G will follow. Instead of #2 OSU playing unranked Iowa, they could play#10 Penn State, which gives the winner a bigger boost heading into bowls/CFP.

I also like this move for the G5s. With P5, you typically have two ranked divisional winners, but with G5 it'll be like #20 Tulsa versus some 4-8 team. Taking the top two gives the eventual G5 champ a better chance to gate crash the CFP.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back