• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Women Win BiG Softball Tournament

we have women's hoops and volleyball...
all 3 better then the big 3 men's right now.
And all three are deficit programs dependent on football to fund their existence.
There isn’t a school in the B1G that wouldn’t take success in football over these three women sports.

Sorry to sound like a chauvinist and the success in those three sports is remarkable and noteworthy but it pales in comparison to what success in football would mean.

And all three are deficit programs dependent on football to fund their existence.
There isn’t a school in the B1G that wouldn’t take success in football over these three women sports.

Sorry to sound like a chauvinist and the success in those three sports is remarkable and noteworthy but it pales in comparison to what success in football would mean.

Hey…it is widely known that Nebraska Volleyball consistently turns a profit and doesn’t need help from football. :thumbsup:

CD6GKUDIFVG4LLDCCILI3E4CJU.png

Last edited:

Hey…it is widely known that Nebraska Volleyball consistently turns a profit and doesn’t need help from football. :thumbsup:

CD6GKUDIFVG4LLDCCILI3E4CJU.png
Yeah yeah they pulled in $1.8M of profit … enough to cover Trev Alberts and his expenses. It is a self sufficient program. It’s still not enough to subsidize another existing athletic program.

Yeah yeah they pulled in $1.8M of profit … enough to cover Trev Alberts and his expenses. It is a self sufficient program. It’s still not enough to subsidize another existing athletic program.

So are you saying this isn’t a big deal? You can count on 1 hand how many volleyball programs turn a profit.

At least Trev Alberts knows where to go if he wants to watch a program within his Athletic Department that is self sufficient and is craving to see a win. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
we have women's hoops and volleyball...
all 3 better then the big 3 men's right now.
I should have said congratulations first. My comment was somewhat said in jest. I love all our teams win or lose. A question to ask is, if those 3 women's teams were as bad as the men's teams are would there be much if any support outside of parents? Volleyball yes, bball and softball, nope. We need to enjoy the success of these teams when they are good, but let's not start comparing them to men's teams, whole different beast.

We're talking about a web page...

I should have said congratulations first. My comment was somewhat said in jest. I love all our teams win or lose. A question to ask is, if those 3 women's teams were as bad as the men's teams are would there be much if any support outside of parents? Volleyball yes, bball and softball, nope. We need to enjoy the success of these teams when they are good, but let's not start comparing them to men's teams, whole different beast.

I get it, maybe we should, would be nice. Isn't that why we have other teams or other sports page? Not trying to make an issue of this, but if we do women's softball because they are good, why not wrestling, track and field, swimming, rifle, bowling?

Okie State as the overall #7 is equal to a 2-seed in a 64-team field. NCAA's RPI rankings have the Huskers as #28, equal to a 7-seed in a 64-team field. North Texas is ranked #47 (12-seed).

The complaint should be that Ohio State is also in the 7-seed range and plays in the easier #11 Tennessee regional and Michigan is ranked in the 6-seed range and plays in the #16 Central Florida regional.

I've read that conference championships mean nothing; but, in those examples, beating those teams in the conference tournament late in the season with a title on the line seems like it should have bumped us up.

I do think they look at geography as well...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back