• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NEBRASKA @ILLINOIS - May 13, 2022 - Illinois Field / Champaign, Ill.

But I agree with you I think about half the team is not going to be around.

he may be very picky and try to keep some of the vets or he may go and clean house at the upper levels knowing that next year could be rough too.

I bet he talks it over with Trev in great detail.

Whatever he does….Trev is going to have to buy in.

Childress is one of the best college coaches that ever coached and he’s our “player developer”…..we need to use him!

I think we need to ask a good 50% of our roster to look into the portal.
I have no idea how this is done…especially with Baseball and “partial scholarships”.

Imagine some pretty frank and intense conversations with player, parents….maybe even lawyers.

And the best situations is where they have already found a guy a decent home.

If a kid is a model citizen and does well academically and is showing up every day and trying hard but just not helping. You can’t just yank his scholarship.

I think….

But I agree with you I think about half the team is not going to be around.

he may be very picky and try to keep some of the vets or he may go and clean house at the upper levels knowing that next year could be rough too.

I bet he talks it over with Trev in great detail.

Whatever he does….Trev is going to have to buy in.

Childress is one of the best college coaches that ever coached and he’s our “player developer”…..we need to use him!

just asking a question, not debating anything. Are other schools trying to lure him away from NU?

I remember Van Horn being lured away right away..

just asking a question, not debating anything. Are other schools trying to lure him away from NU?

I remember Van Horn being lured away right away..
I have heard nothing….

Nebraska is in a great setup to be a power in BiG Baseball.

Best facilities in the league and great attendance.

Weak overall conference.

Omaha hosts the Conference Tourney and the CWS.

And the money, attention and effort seems to be there from the Athletic Department. This year was surprising and I pray an anomaly.

When they got Childress from Texas A&M to be the head of Player Development I thought we were totally set.

Bolt IS young though…first HC job and he seems to like a very small staff.

Will be interesting to see how Trev guides him for next year. Total disappointment doesn’t even come close to how most are feeling right now. I’m sure him as well.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back