• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ochaun Mathis is N: Update Talks Why He Chose NU Over TX

I'm not really a fan of where CFB is currently headed (guys playing for 2 or 3 teams is the norm). That said, getting this kid from his hometown and former HC and a University that should have 100x the money we do is crazy amazing.
A year ago I would’ve said it took cheating to make this happen. Today everything‘s above the table and encouraged. What a difference 12 months makes.

Last edited:
A year ago I would’ve said it took cheating to make this happen. Today everything‘s above the table and encouraged. What are difference 12 months makes.
My love (and I know I'm older) for CFB comes from watching the young players put in their time and become starters.

The amount of games I watched under TO where I tuned out from late 1st Q until early 3Q because the starters had it in hand outnumber the games I watched intently during that period. Then I would watch like crazy as the 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th string would get in. From line play to RB, to QB, to WR blocking (let's be honest, we didn't pass much). I loved watching a 2nd or 3rd stringer just killing it on the field.

Imagine being a sophomore or even junior getting on the field for nearly a half to show what you can do. Going just balls out crazy to prove you can move up. #soapboxofoldpeople

Said nobody but his family knew where he was going until he announced it

Good connection with Coach Applewhite at TCU

Said he had a big impact on him commiting to Nebraska

Loves Coach Applewhite

Trusted him and in the end Nebraska and its why he committed on the end

Loves the Nebraska fan base

His mom and family loved it

Treated them as VIP

Great listen

Last edited:

Said they plan to have a rotation of him, Nelson and Tannor and he likes that idea

Said it will help them stay fresh

Had a three hour conversation with Casey Thompson and said he did a great job telling him all about Nebraska

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back