• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Devin Drew DL From Texas Tech Visiting

1650650656590.png

Can't speak for RR, but I thought I saw a post from him acknowledging that it was starting to look that way. Could be my imagination though.

Mike Schaefer said today on the radio it's his opinion based on some Intel he has gotten that Mathis may be headed to Texas

Will know by next weekend as he has to decide by 1 May to play this Fall

I think we have a good shot at landing Devin Drew

He played at IWCC and is from Kansas City

Not to mention he wants to come back to the area

Would be a good pickup in my opinion

Last edited:

Mike Schaefer said today on the radio it's his opinion based on some Intel he has gotten that Mathis may be headed to Texas

Will know by next weekend as he has to decide by 1 May to play this Fall

I think we have a good shot at landing Devin Drew

He played at IWCC and is from Kansas City

Not to mention he wants to come back to the area

Would be a good pickup in my opinion

Agree, there's a lot to like about Drew (outside of needing some depth).

- He's played 4 years already including 2 at TCU, so no need to worry about adding weight or strength.

- He's also played DE in a 3-4 scheme. TCU had their DE's spend a lot of time on gap control rather than attacking, but he was able to set the edge on a defense that played the run really well. We'd ask him to do some additional things, but that's already a skill set we can use this season

Agree, there's a lot to like about Drew (outside of needing some depth).

- He's played 4 years already including 2 at TCU, so no need to worry about adding weight or strength.

- He's also played DE in a 3-4 scheme. TCU had their DE's spend a lot of time on gap control rather than attacking, but he was able to set the edge on a defense that played the run really well. We'd ask him to do some additional things, but that's already a skill set we can use this season

Yup on all and of course 55 tackles over two seasons which of course included the COVID season when they only played 10 games

This sounds pretty darn good for us

Based on the article I think he ends up in Lincoln

The depth and skill he brings as a hybrid DL would be much needed

The 1 May deadline is looming so we should know I would think in the next week

Oh and he is a one for one guy

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back