• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kalynn Meyer - leaving VB to concentrate on Field & Track

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
I saw this elsewhere:
Kalynn Meyer was one of the best high school athletes in state history at Superior.
She could have gone NCAA Division I in three sports — volleyball, basketball or track — before choosing to play volleyball for Nebraska.

Meyer to throw

Kalynn Meyer will be pulling double duty this spring as she will compete with the NU track and field team, according to a report by the Lincoln Journal Star.
One of the top discus throwers in the US out of high school. Holds the Nebraska HS state meet record I think. 175' approx. Technics are excellent. Very fast through the ring.

Saw her throw at state meet. Very strong and skilled...you would think her dad trained her:)( he still holds state boys record himself)
This is a very good thing for her, especially with the new throws coach (one of the best in the business).

Last edited:

"After a lot of consideration about my future goals and dreams, I have made the decision to switch my focus to track and field for the remainder of my collegiate career," Meyer said in a news release.
NU volleyball coach John Cook is supporting Meyer and her decision.
"At Nebraska volleyball, we teach our players to dream big,” Cook said. “Kalynn is dreaming big for the 2024 Olympics. This path will take her away from Nebraska volleyball so she can begin her journey with Nebraska track and field to pursue that goal.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back