• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thompson's exchange with Martinez

maybe this is where the unfair criticism comes in. Saying Martinez isn’t a good passer. It’s all subjective but when you say he’s not a good passer you are basically saying he is a bad passer. He is at least good and my ascertain is better than that. His statistics show he is better than average. Especially with the facts showing he got more pressure than any other P5 quarterback.
If people would acknowledge what he could have done with an average line it’s possible he could be considered a great passer. Instead the critics swipe away at that line play and say things like “well he still made mistakes at critical moments”. Yea well the critical moments were usually when our line was at its worst.
It’s comments like this that make me laugh. Am was anything but a good passer. Line no line doesn’t matter he was terrible at passing. But hey maybe I’m wrong we shall see what he does at kstate.

We may never agree on Martinez but I agree the line had a big impact on things. I still think it’s fine to criticize as long as it’s kept somewhat respectful. Saying he sucks or worthless is over the line. Criticism of their actual play is fair game. Personally I feel he missed to many of the easy passes. His line was awful though and he honestly had no weapons around him. I don’t think our receivers where that great. Then I start wondering about the use of our tight ends who I do think where pretty damn good. Was that a Martinez didn’t see them issue or a coaching issue. Obviously we can’t see the whole field. I honestly wish him the best at Kstate but I’m not sad he’s gone. I think we agree him leaving after four years is a good decision for all involved.
You know I would but then people would have to quit saying the oline sucked or are worthless but I don’t see that happening so guess I’ll stick with the fact am great guy but sucked at being clutch and throwing passes.

You know I would but then people would have to quit saying the oline sucked or are worthless but I don’t see that happening so guess I’ll stick with the fact am great guy but sucked at being clutch and throwing passes.
I understand fully. I’m more laid back these days as apathy sets in. It’s not worth fighting over. I agree he’s not a good passer.

Lord is the last Nebraska quarterback who was a threat to go the distance on every play.
There was one against Iowa State on a very bad Nebraska day in Ames that went for 90 at least. Think it was a little longer.
Having quarterbacks who possessed that threat is the number one thing that seperates the great Nebraska teams from what we've had ever since.

Tried looking it up, and my memory of that one was way off. The ISU td was a 90 yard pass to Pilkington. It was a Lord play though!
Taylor Martinez says 'hi'

Taylor Martinez says 'hi'
Definitely true, from just a pure speed standpoint he was really good. Probably one of our fastest ever. Would have loved to see him and crouch race in their primes. Both where extremely fast. Lord was tougher than TM though.

I agree Adrian was really a salty football player. I wish Adrian the best at anything he does. He gave it his all, blood sweat tears everything. He took the lion share of the blame on some losses when probably it should’ve been pointed elsewhere. I myself fell into that category on occasion. You know he’s not the only Martinez that played quarterback that at times took criticism from the fandom and press. He too gave it his all blood sweat tears played hurt did his best and represented the university well.

I say thank you to both Adrian and Taylor Martinez for giving husker football all you had

I’d like to go ahead and thank all of the Zac(h)(k)s and Tommys for giving their all, too.

What's interesting about it? Do you think he's a hard worker with a good character?

Well I have no idea really. I don’t even know what his major is. I was just curious what position you’d hire him for without question. I did make the mistake of hiring a young lady once who was “good character” and a somewhat local celebrity from her college athletic prowess. Didn’t transfer those attributes to her job. Let her go within about 6 weeks IIRC.

Last edited:

Well I have no idea really. I don’t even know what his major is. I was just curious what position you’d hire him for without question. I did make the mistake of hiring a young lady once who was “good character” and a somewhat local celebrity from her college athletic prowess. Didn’t transfer those attributes to her job. Let her go within about 6 weeks IIRC.
Didn’t he get an MBA?

. I’ve had 5 different football players work for me in the last two years in temporary capacities and haven’t been disappointed once. They were never once a no show so that was a plus right there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back