• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Get to Know Casey Thompson

It is worth the listen.

I did not know his dad was friends with Mickey Mickey Joseph. Also was interesting how he talked about his younger days of running the wishbone option and he sees himself as a dual threat QB, not just a passer. He also spoke to Adrian about Nebraska and Adrian had good things to say. Also coach Beck consulted him about Nebraska and gave a thumbs up. Sounds like he did his homework about coaches and Nebraska as a whole and got lots of good feedback. Good to hear.

As for his demeanor, you can tell he is confident and rightly so. He has the bloodline and the experience. I think he’ll be a leader in the locker room and hold guys accountable.

He’s impressed with the receivers and TEs on the roster and said they are the strength of the offense. I can see him really holding the offensive players accountable. I also liked what he had to say about B1G defenses and he gave a glimpse of his football IQ. We need that.

I’m excited to see the new guys in the spring game. Frost and company are in the process of building a roster that can win the West.

Here’s the YouTube video if others want to watch there.

It is worth the listen.

I did not know his dad was friends with Mickey Mickey Joseph. Also was interesting how he talked about his younger days of running the wishbone option and he sees himself as a dual threat QB, not just a passer. He also spoke to Adrian about Nebraska and Adrian had good things to say. Also coach Beck consulted him about Nebraska and gave a thumbs up. Sounds like he did his homework about coaches and Nebraska as a whole and got lots of good feedback. Good to hear.

As for his demeanor, you can tell he is confident and rightly so. He has the bloodline and the experience. I think he’ll be a leader in the locker room and hold guys accountable.

He’s impressed with the receivers and TEs on the roster and said they are the strength of the offense. I can see him really holding the offensive players accountable. I also liked what he had to say about B1G defenses and he gave a glimpse of his football IQ. We need that.

I’m excited to see the new guys in the spring game. Frost and company are in the process of building a roster that can win the West.

He does have quite the network of people he knows and communicates with. Also including Barry Switzer.

You can tell he's big on researching to learn more. I shared a link a couple weeks ago in which he expressed he does film study on upcoming opponents for multiple hours each day.

Very mature person.

It is worth the listen.

Thanks for the summary

It is worth the listen.

Dad was also friends with Kenny Wilhite. He reached out to Mickey and Kenny as soon as the situation in Nebraska revealed itself. According to Charles, he and Kenny became friends when Kenny was coaching at a smaller school in Oklahoma - they saw each other a lot on the camp circuit.

Last edited:
Another worthy note from the interview was Casey Thompson said he came to Nebraska with the plan to be with the team for two years. Callahan prodded him a bit to see if that may only be one, but while CT didn't rule that out, he seems to think two years is the more likely scenario.

Another worthy note from the interview was Casey Thompson said he came to Nebraska with the plan to be with the team for two years. Callahan prodded him a bit to see if that may only be one, but while CT didn't rule that out, he seems to think two years is the more likely scenario.
My memory of that convesation was that Casey said "I always take one year at a time, so we'll see what happens."

But either way - if his NFL stock blows up next fall, it'll be because he put NE on the national map. I think we'd take that trade even if it meant he was leaving...

My memory of that convesation was that Casey said "I always take one year at a time, so we'll see what happens."

But either way - if his NFL stock blows up next fall, it'll be because he put NE on the national map. I think we'd take that trade even if it meant he was leaving...

Yep, you're right. He did say that after Callahan prodded him a bit, IIRC.

Can't help but be impressed with CT after watching that lengthy interview. Very confident but not in a braggadocio way imo. Obviously high football IQ but believe he's high IQ period. No slow blinker with this young man and he brings a mature presence to the team imo. Be exciting to watch him in the Spring scrimmage and going forward into the 2022 schedule.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back