• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Buckeyes Wire Offers Their Way-too-early Big Ten Power Rankings for 2022

This year particularly early rankings dont make any sense. Add to the normal lack of coisderation of season ending injuries that can't be predicted this early, but the transfer and portal rules have changed everything with respect to who is on what teams.

These guesses, however, effect the real rankings during the year because they start to form impressions in the minds of voters.

Come on Cyclone in Oklahoma, you have to have some faith. ;)
Get outta here with the Cyclone nonsense. I don’t have any beef with Iowa State. NU owned them. I know how bad they were, for how long they were. Iowa State finished in the top 10 in 2020. Think about that? Iowa State, in the top 10, at years end. Crazy. He’s a damn fine coach, simple as that.

For those that are saying our schedule is not much easier than this year, these rankings suggest otherwise: they have us playing ## 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, and 14. We trade ##1 and5 for 11 and 13. Not saying we even get to 6 wins, but 9 to 10 games are likely winnable.

For those that are saying our schedule is not much easier than this year, these rankings suggest otherwise: they have us playing ## 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, and 14. We trade ##1 and5 for 11 and 13. Not saying we even get to 6 wins, but 9 to 10 games are likely winnable.

Although the only Big Ten team we could beat this past season was #13 or #14, Northwestern (I suppose Indiana was #14).

Until we can beat a team like Illinois, there aren't more than 3-4 teams on our full schedule (or 1-2 in the Big Ten) we should feel confident in beating.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back