• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Playoff Discussion

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
The best weekend in football is upon us.

SATURDAY, JANUARY 15TH​

3:30PM Central: Raiders at Bengals
7:15PM Central: Patriots at Bills

SUNDAY, JANUARY 16TH​

Noon Central: Eagles at Buccaneers
3:30PM Central: Niners at Cowboys
7:15PM Central: Steelers at Chiefs

MONDAY, JANUARY 17TH​

7:15PM Central: Cardinals at Rams

It will be interesting to see if the wild, unpredictable regular season carries over into this weekend. I'm hoping for at least a couple upsets.

Won't be easy but ... GO EAGLES!

https://www.nfl.com/games/raiders-at-bengals-2021-post-1

https://www.nfl.com/games/cardinals-at-rams-2021-post-1

My hope is that the 49ers can get Dallas on an off day. Of course, the path to the Superbowl goes through Green Bay, and this time of year can be a bit of a challenge.

I can’t wait to see the games this weekend…

I'm still rooting for the Chiefs but their defense isn't championship caliber. Their only hope is to out score everyone but even that hasn't been easy. Teams have kind of figured out how to defend the big play.

Should still be a fun playoff. I just don't want Brady to win again. I don't really have anything against him other than I'm tired of him.

I'm still rooting for the Chiefs but their defense isn't championship caliber. Their only hope is to out score everyone but even that hasn't been easy. Teams have kind of figured out how to defend the big play.

Should still be a fun playoff. I just don't want Brady to win again. I don't really have anything against him other than I'm tired of him.

Their defense isn't bad by any means. 8th in the NFL in points allowed per game.

But it does seem like the NFL has figured out how to defend Mahomes enough that he doesn't kill them like he has in the past. Mahomes was only 12th in the NFL in passer rating this season.

While I'm not a Steelers fan, I would kind of enjoy seeing Big Ben win one more game in his swan song. The Steelers defense will have to keep Pittsburgh in the game, however, as Roethlisberger is well past his prime (and his offensive line isn't very good).

Their defense isn't bad by any means. 8th in the NFL in points allowed per game.

But it does seem like the NFL has figured out how to defend Mahomes enough that he doesn't kill them like he has in the past. Mahomes was only 12th in the NFL in passer rating this season.

While I'm not a Steelers fan, I would kind of enjoy seeing Big Ben win one more game in his swan song. The Steelers defense will have to keep Pittsburgh in the game, however, as Roethlisberger is well past his prime (and his offensive line isn't very good).

I'm a defense guy and they may be 8th in scoring but I'm still highly critical of them. They allow too many yards and teams seem to move between the 20's at will. But I'm always tough on the defense so maybe I'm biased.

I have to admit though, I enjoyed watching big Ben when they kicked that field goal to win. It was like he got a reprieve from retirement. At least for a game or two. Honestly I don't know how his body has held up this long.

I'm a defense guy and they may be 8th in scoring but I'm still highly critical of them. They allow too many yards and teams seem to move between the 20's at will. But I'm always tough on the defense so maybe I'm biased.

I have to admit though, I enjoyed watching big Ben when they kicked that field goal to win. It was like he got a reprieve from retirement. At least for a game or two. Honestly I don't know how his body has held up this long.

Yeah, it is pretty amazing Ben managed to get 18 years out of his NFL career. His big body took a pounding for many years. His final home game -- and the postgame -- was amazing to watch.

You're right in that KC's defense is far from elite. Though it is good enough to give the oftentimes struggling Pittsburgh offense trouble.

Bills-Patriots should give us plenty of defense. And it will be frigid -- single digit temperatures for the game tomorrow night.

While the Eagles are my favorite team, I'm a bit of a Bills fan -- and an even bigger fan of Josh Allen.

With one of the Cowboys' linebackers ruled out (not Parsons), word is that Luke Gifford may get the start. He's never (yet) started a game -- and this would be a huge won. I'd root for Gifford -- not only a former Husker, but Lincoln Southeast as well!

Otherwise, I hate Dallas!

The Chiefs defense is light years better than it was during KC’s horrid start to the season. If you took out the first 6 games, they’ve played damn good. Mahomes leads the NFL in turnovers. Pittsburgh will need that to continue for them to have a chance. The Steelers have mostly owned KC over the years in the playoffs. I think this game is either a blowout Chiefs win, or it goes to the wire.

I would love for Big Ben to spend his swan song on his couch. Time to sit down, son.

I am too, but I'd like to see Suh and David get another SB ring.

The best weekend in football is upon us.

SATURDAY, JANUARY 15TH​

3:30PM Central: Raiders at Bengals
7:15PM Central: Patriots at Bills

SUNDAY, JANUARY 16TH​

Noon Central: Eagles at Buccaneers
3:30PM Central: Niners at Cowboys
7:15PM Central: Steelers at Chiefs

MONDAY, JANUARY 17TH​

7:15PM Central: Cardinals at Rams

It will be interesting to see if the wild, unpredictable regular season carries over into this weekend. I'm hoping for at least a couple upsets.

Won't be easy but ... GO EAGLES!

https://www.nfl.com/games/raiders-at-bengals-2021-post-1

https://www.nfl.com/games/cardinals-at-rams-2021-post-1

Who is everyone cheering for? There’s some good NU ties sprinkled throughout those teams. I think for this wild-card round I say… Go, Bengals!

First, it's so strange that COVID is no longer impacting players or staff members of NFL teams. I don't think I've heard a positive case leading into week 18 or leading into this weekend's games.

As far as the games, I'm going with:
Bengals
Patriots
Bucs
Cowboys
Chiefs
Rams

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back