• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Whipple's contract.

I hope he earns it/proves it with a winning season next year--first in 6 years!

Understand it will be more than just the offense, e.g. special teams, defense. We need dominance in the trenches on both sides of the ball!

But play calling, preparation, development will be key. We need performance indicative of our team talent. New coaches have allot of expectation riding on their abilities.

Team Talent according to 247 sports in past years:
2022: ?
2021: #21............ W/L: 3-9
2020: #24 .......... W/L: 3-5
2019: #24........... W/L: 5-7
2018: #26.......... W/L: 4-8
2017: #29 ......... W/L: 4-8
2016: #26.......... W/L: 9-4

Last edited:

Understand it will be more than just the offense, e.g. special teams, defense. We need dominance in the trenches on both sides of the ball!

But play calling, preparation, development will be key. We need performance indicative of our team talent. New coaches have allot of expectation riding on their abilities.

When you see our record listed out like that I'd swear someone would have to be trying to lose at NU to do that poorly. Unbelievable actually.

Just read Sam’s article in the OWH ..Whipple’s salary will be 875,000 the first year and 900,000 the second year. I have no problem with that kind of money my question is what is Chin making?

When you see our record listed out like that I'd swear someone would have to be trying to lose at NU to do that poorly. Unbelievable actually.
That is what is sooooo frustrating. We have had talent for years to have a winning record but don't. Only thing to contribute this to is coaching.

MSU recruiting records is no better than ours but look at the difference in records.

That is what is sooooo frustrating. We have had talent for years to have a winning record but don't. Only thing to contribute this to is coaching.

MSU recruiting records is no better than ours but look at the difference in records.
Yes. Very hard to ignore.

It was in the same article: "Nebraska defensive coordinator Erik Chinander is expected to get a salary increase that at least matches what Whipple makes and perhaps surpasses it. Chinander made $800,000 in 2021."
Didn’t realize Chinander’s salary was that high hope he gets a raise.

Good ol' Mike Riley...doing more with less.

<insert sarcasm emoji here>
Yup

or, Bill Callahan guided Nebraska to a 27-22 record in his four years in Lincoln from 2003-07. He led the Huskers to 9-5 mark in 2006 that included a Big 12 North Division title and a trip to the Big 12 Championship Game. Nebraska lost to Oklahoma, 21-7, in the conference title game at Arrowhead Stadium, before earning a New Year's Day bowl invitation to the Cotton Bowl. NU fell to Auburn, 17-14, to close the 2006 season.

Last edited:

Funny people thought in 2019 NU deserved a bowl game

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back