• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost closing in on RB Coach!!

I'll tell her you said hi when I see her in my dreams tonight
H8wWcTe7pubS0.gif

This is a common misunderstanding. The title of "best fans in the country" specifically relates to the way that Nebraska fans act while at a Nebraska football game. It does not, and in my opinion was never intended to, apply to all Nebraska fans at all times.

As people, we aren't any different than fans of other teams. We have nice people, boorish people, stupid people, belligerent drunks, asshats, etc....just like every other team.

But for many decades there has been a collective ethos of the fans attending a game at Memorial Stadium, that they would act with a certain amount of class. And if you didn't, there was probably a blue haired old lady sitting behind you ready to shout you down or call for security.

That is what has led to the title of best fans, and based on the experiences of visiting teams and their fan bases, it has been warranted.
I think you probably nailed it but personally I’d rather Memorial Stadium be the most difficult place in the country to play rather than the friendliest.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back