• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Georgia vs. Alabama National Championship game thread

Alabama's defense didn't have injuries. They were getting pushed off the line easily by GA in the second half. I was surprised they were able to run through that line like butter. Bama seemed to be on their heels in the 4Q and seemed rattled.

Because I wanted to enjoy the 4k broadcast, I ended up watching much of the game on the SkyCam channel. Of course, with that you miss all replays and even extra points, but you also missed all the commercials.

All that being said, ESPN really does suck.

The injuries definitely played a role, but everyone has to deal with them. They lost the game because they did not score TD’s. Georgia was winning even when they were losing, forcing them to kick FG’s. Alabama simply ran out of gas IMO, especially in the last 10 minutes or so. Oh yeah, and Saban probably is shallow.
Some Ol' Ball Coach* answered when asked "what does it take to be a great coach" with "You have to be smart enough to do the work and dumb enough to think it important."

*Lou Holtz maybe? Al McGuire?

Could also have been Bill Walsh, but seems a little low brow, one of his famous one was "to me, genius is what my carpenter does."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back