• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chubba Purdy OV 14 Jan: "NU is #1 on his list"

Interesting case because I don't think his NIL is very high anywhere. Someone might be able to get him cheap, or maybe the price is so low he'll use other criteria more than NIL.

Anxious to see how this works itself out. We could use him to stockup our QB room.

It really does sound wrong, doesn't it. But let's revisit in a couple of years and see if that isn't one of the major considerations on both sides, team and player.

Hopefully common sense will have intervened.

I read somewhere that NU just offered QB Nate Glantz from Iowa Western (previously Bellevue West) a preferred walk-on spot. While it is not a scholarship offer, I wonder if this means we are concerned about getting Purdy in light of his OU offer?

Last edited:

Agree...NIL is such a bad thing imo. It would be fine if a kid could go make some extra spending/meal money, but the money being talked about with some of this is absurd and could only bring trouble.
Average NFL salary is $860K--the Alabama and Clemson QBs are said to be getting $1 million each.

There is a joke here about coming to Nebraska and Ganz gaining an "L"..... but I am not coming up with it.
Or Stu Lantz with a "G". But I don't get that joke...

Oh wait... with this PWO offer, Chubba might give UNL a second Glantz. Nah, still weak.

Average NFL salary is $860K--the Alabama and Clemson QBs are said to be getting $1 million each.

blended-thats-just-wrong.gif

Not sure who this guy is, but he said in this video that Chubba commited to Oklahoma. I dont see anything anywhere to confirm. I'll spare you the pain of watching the whole video, its at the 1:50 mark. Maybe another Sir Yacht sighting?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back