• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Whatever happened to Mike Riley?

Likely due to playing teams like OU and Michigan.

The Big Ten West offenses (the teams we play every season) were especially bad this season. Worst I can remember.
Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Michigan are 1, 3, and 4 in Massey offense this year (and the NU defense did very well against them -- holding OSU to their lowest point total of the season, and OU to their 3rd lowest). He also has Purdue offense at 15 and Michigan State at 16, which I can't say I exactly understand but I generally trust Massey numbers better than just the scoring/yardage statistics.

Last edited:
MR was a better coach than SF ....... I just can't accept the arguments that "we were so close" as showing good qualities in a HC. I know many sound people on the board really believe that, but to me that shows a distinct failure in a HC - the inability to finish. Once or twice, OK, but over and over again is a display of a basic weakness.
Hard to reach MR .500 record. Plus 2 out of 3 bowl bound. Five Million Dollar Man, 15-29. And no bowls.

Oh well, "Next Year" :rolleyes: .

Anyone think the USFL version 2.0 lasts longer than the AAF or XFL version 2.0? Or the original USFL?
It's New Jersey. The Tweet from The Comeback is incorrect.

The original New Jersey Generals had the best backfield in the OG USFL... Flutie at QB, Maurice Carthon at FB, and Herschel Walker as HB. Plus Trump as owner!

Of course, the Pittsburgh Maulers (I think?) had two Heisman RBs in Rozier and Griffin.

Last edited:
Rosters are very skinny - under 40 players I think and a taxi squad of 7 or 8. They plan to play 10 games.

The success will depend upon whether Fox or ESPN pick them up though the rumors are that this bunch is better capitalized.

We'll see. Before they folded last time, they were drawing more eyeballs than baseball according to Cowherd. I think they have a shot.

Perfect job for him. Do nothing coach in a league going nowhere. He will once again be getting his paycheck with a ski mask

Anyone think the USFL version 2.0 lasts longer than the AAF or XFL version 2.0? Or the original USFL?
This is a great gig for an average football coach. I personally think this league may just make it this time around. Concept of feeder to NFL will fill the cap for non college types. Heck with NIL opportunities starting in high school who needs to go to college anymore to reach the NFL.

It's New Jersey. The Tweet from The Comeback is incorrect.

LOL...kinda glad they left Nebraska off the list in that tweet.... Oregon State, Chargers.....Winnepeg.... interesting they advertise the 10 bowl games as if that was some great thing to carry on to an upstart pro league. ..... didn't he actually win a championship with Winnepeg? Shoulda put that on there, not that it is any more impressive.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back