• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any Birders On Here?

Recently I’ve been very interested in birds maybe because I am an old bird myself Cardinals nuthatches sparrows doves turtle doves that is And an occasional Bluejay—The scariest bird that I saw a new bird is help me to figure out what it was it was like chicken hawk size but the Talons were gold and they were huge and it had such an intimidating look as it was stalking the birds on the ground I think I had a nightmare that night never seen it Before or since—

Recently I’ve been very interested in birds maybe because I am an old bird myself Cardinals nuthatches sparrows doves turtle doves that is And an occasional Bluejay—The scariest bird that I saw a new bird is help me to figure out what it was it was like chicken hawk size but the Talons were gold and they were huge and it had such an intimidating look as it was stalking the birds on the ground I think I had a nightmare that night never seen it Before or since—
Osprey?
White and black

where do you live?

stalking ground birds sounds like accipiter.

Female coopers hawk would be about crow sized, but they arent that scary. Had one fly right by my head when i stepped out onto my back patio a week or two ago.

if it was bigger possibly goshawk. They would look scary. Adult would be grey white with a red eye and big talons.

How were the pheasant numbers down your way this year? Haven't talked to anyone that hunted down there this year.

Platte to Gregory was normal. I didn't go out due to lots of other commitments, but I saw decent numbers everywhere I drove. I'd say the numbers were down slightly east of the River, but I'm still seeing lots of them if I'm out around sunset.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back