• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N2FL Ranks the 2022 Commits

N2FL
What do you think of the message coming out that we let Schwartz go ("too small for BIG") rather than he left us? Truth or spin to make up for the loss?

I agree that he seemed more of a fit as an OLB than DE. More Garrett Nelson than Ben Stille, for sure. Hard to say if Nebraska let him go or not. I know for a fact he wanted to take other visits this fall though.

One thing I'll point out (again). This is a really good year to have such a small class. If Frost is retained, he doesn't have to fill a large number of spots with lesser talent, which would be the case this year. The Covid dead period really put them behind for this class and the losing didn't/hasn't helped with that.

It'd be nice to only have to put together a class that's 40% the normal size. He really needs to hit the portal more than anything. The roster is so unbalanced, he can find immediate contributors in the portal and juco levels and balance the classes out as well. It's a win-win.

1. WR Victor Jones Jr. ## (Florida) recruited by Sean Beckton and Matt Lubick
2. Ath. Jalil Martin (Illinois) recruited by Travis Fisher and Erik Chinander
3. LB Ernest Hausmann ## (Nebraska) recruited by Barrett Ruud and Erik Chinander
4. RB Ashton Hayes (Nevada) recruited by Ryan Held and Tony Tuioti
5. WR Grant Page ## (Colorado) recruited by Matt Lubick
6. QB Richard Torres ## (Texas) recruited by Mario Verduzco
7. LB Jake Appleget (Nebraska) recruited by Barrett Ruud and Mike Dawson
8. Ath. Gage Stenger (Nebraska) recruited by Barrett Ruud
9. TE Chase Androff (Minnesota) recruited by Sean Beckton and Mario Verduzco

## Plans to enroll early

Not really sure Blair added anything new to the sports world here unless posted to support someone's personal view. (must admit I didn't read the whole thing because the topic is, eh, same old).
Know where you stand with Frost-you are clear and make many valid points. Shoot, post Herbstreits comments and really confuse the forum world.
Frost to be CEO-will see. I personally feel his greatest attribute is play calling and active roll in offense, more of his role when in Oregon. Maybe an associate head coach (what ever they really do) hire to do the mundane things would be a better step.

NEBRASKA​

nnd.png

Analysis: Plagued by rumors his coaching seat in Lincoln was getting hot, Scott Frost had trouble generating momentum on the recruiting trail during the crucial stages of 2022 recruiting. By the time Nebraska’s administration confirmed Frost would be back in 2022,
most of the Cornhusker’s top targets were already off the board. The news did give Frost and his staff time to add numbers late, however, with half of the 14 signees making their decisions in the month of December, including their only four-star commitment, New Jersey defensive back Jaeden Gould. Nebraska’s 2022 class ranks last in the Big Ten coming out of the Early Signing Period, however – a position the Cornhuskers are certainly not accustomed to.

Grade: C-

NEBRASKA​

nnd.png

Analysis: Plagued by rumors his coaching seat in Lincoln was getting hot, Scott Frost had trouble generating momentum on the recruiting trail during the crucial stages of 2022 recruiting. By the time Nebraska’s administration confirmed Frost would be back in 2022,
most of the Cornhusker’s top targets were already off the board. The news did give Frost and his staff time to add numbers late, however, with half of the 14 signees making their decisions in the month of December, including their only four-star commitment, New Jersey defensive back Jaeden Gould. Nebraska’s 2022 class ranks last in the Big Ten coming out of the Early Signing Period, however – a position the Cornhuskers are certainly not accustomed to.

We'll see how Indiana does...they sure tanked this past season with their wonderful 4* transfers.
As far as UN, kind of difficult to go after top dogs when your record stinks. Now, with the TP, how much does it matter anymore?

NEBRASKA​

nnd.png

Grade seems reasonable given class size and quality. This class is devoid of more than 1-2 difference makers which normally we need to have 6-8. However, we finished better than I thought we would post TA announcement to restructure SF contract

What worries me more is the 2023 class. We cannot afford two consecutive weak classes. Yet I cannot imagine us being able to recruit difference makers when no one will know if SF will be the coach for 2023 season until after at least 6 to 7 games next season. Most of the top 300 players are committed by then.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back