• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mark Whipple for OC?

Anyone who doesn’t think it’s Whipple at this point, did Harrell resign from his current position yet?

How does anyone know that frost or the existing offense won’t have an influence in what the guy does in Lincoln? Some are assuming Nebraska is going to a total passing offense now, which is never going to happen.
You don't hire an experienced OC and change what they're good at. I'm sure everyone and their dog will emphasize how important the run game is, but I highly doubt we ever see a 65/35 run
pass ratio under Whipple.

Last edited:

You don't hire an experienced OC and change what they're good at. I'm sure everyone and their dog will emphasize how important the run game is, but I highly doubt we ever see a 65/35 run
pass ratio under Whipple.
Well I guess the HC has his reasons for hiring Whipple. I trust his decision making. Will I trust it after next season? Only time will tell. If these guys think 80/20 pass to run makes the em a better offense, I’ll trust them and we will certainly find out.

Well I guess the HC has his reasons for hiring Whipple. I trust his decision making. Will I trust it after next season? Only time will tell. If these guys think 80/20 pass to run makes the em a better offense, I’ll trust them and we will certainly find out.
I think you'll likely see more of a Mike Rileyesque run/pass split. I don't even ******* care anymore. Just ******* win.

Whipple’s wife apparently is in poor health and that’s why he didn’t sign a Pitt extension. His son is an assistant with the Arizona Cardinals, and his wife is currently in Arizona. He was visiting his family vs. making a recruiting trip. Since Chubba Purdy was home in Gilbert, he made a visit.

It sounds to me like he was debating retirement and Frost swooped in on Sunday with some dollar bills. I’m hearing we are going to double him up to $1 million per year.

Last edited:

Whipple’s wife apparently is in poor health and that’s why he didn’t sign a Pitt extension. His son is an assistant with the Arizona Cardinals, and his wife is currently in Arizona. He was visiting his family vs. making a recruiting trip. Since Chubba Purdy was home in Gilbert, he made a visit.

It sounds to me like he was debating retirement and Frost swooped in on Sunday with some dollar bills. I’m hearing we are going to double him up to $1 million per year.
Hearing that where?

Not sure we’d be getting his best under the circumstances?

Gotta agree with most everyone else here. All I'm seeing from Whipple is an all shotgun offense with mainly a 5 man blocking scheme out of the oline. Most routes are medium to deep with mesh schematics. 3-4 wide. Rb leaking to the flare or wheel.

Don't see how this is going to translate to the b1g without a very experienced qb coming in.

Either way Im all N gbr! Hell maye it works!

Some Pitt commentators on Youtube are saying that Whipple wasn't going to get a new contract (it expires at the end of this season) because he abandoned the run game. Honestly, seemed more like sour grapes to me. But interesting that this take is out there.
He had the 3rd ranked offense, a Heisman finalist at QB and won the conference. Yeah, let's jettison that guy over style points because of our 'philosophy' about the running game. Maybe you should utilize the pass more when your QB is a Heisman caliber guy? Just a thought.

Its amazing the 180s that some fans make when a player or coach leaves. I've read similar hot takes about how terrible Lincoln Riley was, from Oklahoma fans.

He had the 3rd ranked offense, a Heisman finalist at QB and won the conference. Yeah, let's jettison that guy over style points because of our 'philosophy' about the running game. Maybe you should utilize the pass more when your QB is a Heisman caliber guy? Just a thought.

Its amazing the 180s that some fans make when a player or coach leaves. I've read similar hot takes about how terrible Lincoln Riley was, from Oklahoma fans.
I agree to a point with what you are saying, stats don't lie. I'm just not sure the current o-line can hold up to the kind of medium to deep route tree concepts without help from a TE or two. The offense is very nfl based if its what Pitt ran this year. If the blocking holds up could be in for a great offense as I don't see anyone else in the b1g running something similar. Rahmir will eat for sure.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back