• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #8, Wed, L, 100-104 (4 OT), Yes, You Read that Right), 12/1 @ NORTH CAROLINA STATE (B1G/ACC Challenge), 6:15 pm CT, ESPNU (Game Thread/Recap)

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
MBB Game #8, Wed, L, 100-104 (4 OT) Yes, You Read that Right: Huskers -100; Teddy Valentine -104), 12/1 @ NORTH CAROLINA STATE (B1G/ACC Challenge), 6:15 pm CT, ESPNU (Game Thread/Recap)

rEffing Crew: Tony Henderson, Bill Covington, Jr, Teddy (tv) Valentine

(Game Summary & Box Score)
After missing a chance to win in the closing seconds of regulation, Nebraska missed another potential game-winning shot in the first overtime. Then in the second overtime, Bryce McGowens went to the line with 2.5 seconds left and the Huskers trailing by one. McGowens calmly sank the first free throw but following an NC State timeout, his second free throw rimmed out. In the third overtime, Nebraska led by two until NC State tied the game with five seconds remaining.

NC State, which overcame a deficit in the final 20 seconds of regulation, the last 10 seconds of the first overtime, the final 50 seconds of the second overtime and the last 10 seconds of the third overtime, never trailed in the fourth overtime. The Wolfpack outscored the Huskers 12-8 in the final period to improve to 6-1 on the season.

(Game Page)
The Huskers (5-2) are looking for their fifth straight win following an 83-70 win over South Dakota.
NC State is 5-1 on the season following a 90-81 win over Louisiana Tech on Saturday. In that game, the Wolfpack got a career-high 31 points from Jericole Hellems, as he hit 10-of-19 shots, including six 3-pointers, to pace five players in double figures. NC State averages 77.8 points per game and has four players averaging double figures, led by Dereon Seabron's 18.8 points per game. Both teams do a good job of limiting turnovers, as the Huskers and Wolfpack both rank in the top 25 nationally in turnover rate.

1638131701614.png

Live Links:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOOO :Huskers:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:Cheer2: :Cheer2: :Cheer2: - :Shout: - :Catfight::Catfight::Catfight:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broadcast TV: ESPNU
Live Video Streaming: (None)

Radio: Husker Sports Network (@Huskers.com & Husker App)
- Play-by-play: Kent Pavelka
- Analyst: Jake Muhleisen

Last edited:

Anyone watch BTN today? Going through all the teams for the 3 days, no mention of Nebraska. Bite me!
I hope some of the team watched. I am sure they felt slighted.

Please, don't someone come on and say they have to earn it! That's a bunch of crap!

Last edited:
Anyone watch BTN today? Going through all the teams for the 3 days, no mention of Nebraska. Bite me!
I hope some of the team watched. I am sure they felt slighted.

Please, don't someone come on and say they have to earn it! That's a bunch of crap!

We do need to earn it...we're expected to finish last in the conference. I do agree they should cover all teams even if only for a few minutes to comment on our low expectations.

1638364247245.png

We do need to earn it...we're expected to finish last in the conference. I do agree they should cover all teams even if only for a few minutes to comment on our low expectations.

View attachment 73858
You see, that is what I am saying, BGRed. It seems, they are the only team not mentioned. Never mind having to earn it!! We have done well, lately, in this tourney, so please, do not say they have to earn it. Also, they are a team that represents this tourney, so they should be mentioned. To say, they have to earn it is total b.s. They are 5-2, not 2-5! Again, to say, they have to earn it is hogwash!!

Surprised, you don't have more pride in your team. That is not a slur on you, but, a concern by me.

GO BIG RED!!!

View attachment 73858
You are giving me a mixed message, BGRed. You agree on getting a mention, but you seem to think they need to earn it? Confusing, sir. ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back