• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The way to early Bracketology

Hmmmmm not sure about Nebraska making the tournament yet. They will need to play well against a few quality teams to convince me. The are racking up wins, but have not really played a great team yet.

Hmmmmm not sure about Nebraska making the tournament yet. They will need to play well against a few quality teams to convince me. The are racking up wins, but have not really played a great team yet.

I do agree; but, scoring over 100 in any game is a rarity and our women's team has done that several times already. However, they did get limited to scores in the 60s against what I thought were going to be similar competition.

Seeming like it might be a streaky team.

Need to develop a stout inside game. If better opponents ahead lock up the middle our outside shooters will have more trouble getting open.

I do agree; but, scoring over 100 in any game is a rarity and our women's team has done that several times already. However, they did get limited to scores in the 60s against what I thought were going to be similar competition.

Seeming like it might be a streaky team.

I'm liking it! A good reality check to get ready for Big Ten Conference play. Creighton, Drexel and San Diego were all more or less 'Squeakers' where the outcome was in question at some point late in the game.

Creighton, and especially San Diego, played a high-pressure game (a lot like Rutgers does) intended to make you 'Uncomfortable' on the floor whether the shot goes in or not. We missed a lot of easy lay-ups & shots early-on that we should have made and could have put the game away sooner; I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't indirectly impact our FT shooting.

Fortunately, 3-point shooting was 'On' but I don't think it's a good idea having to rely on Treys to pull out wins. I agree with @Powder Creek; we need to work on our inside game, And Free Throws.

This is the most 'Fire Power' and Depth that Coach Amy Williams has had at Nebraska. Wake Forest will be a real test for this young team! Win or Lose, I know they'll give it their All. I just hope to be able to watch it.
-----------------------------------------------------
Two quick observations ... (Oh Noooo :Facepalm:)........ after the San Diego game:

Regarding the missed bunnies, Lay-ups, and the like. I wonder if it is a little like Golf. Don't take your eye off the ball.

Short Jump Shots. They almost never go in; seems like missed shots almost always bounce off the heel.
Lesson; use the Glass ???
:Lol::Lol::Lol:

Last edited:
Update: Huskers mmoved from the left side of the bracket to theright side. and are now a 9 seed with an AQ.

ESPN updated their bracket projection. Twitter headlines included:
** UNC, Nebraska make big jumps

1639149059568.png

Last edited:

Interesting. We were a 5 in the post above, lost to Michigan State and must have dropped to a 7 in a bracket I didn't see. Now we beat Michigan and 'only' move up to a 6 while Michigan stays as a 4 and gets to host? Just keeping winning B1G games and force them to take notice.

1641569830112.png

1641569896155.png

Consider this is the same guy who builds the bracket had said this prior to the Michigan game:

"Indiana, Maryland and Michigan are all top-10-caliber teams that did their share of impressive things in the nonconference season...While the Hoosiers, Terps and Wolverines make the race so intriguing, Iowa, Ohio State and Nebraska could provide the kind of quality wins that pump up a résumé for a team fighting for a No. 1 seed."

So, the Nebraska game was expected to give a 'quality win' to Michigan is what he said prior to our game...

Interesting. We were a 5 in the post above, lost to Michigan State and must have dropped to a 7 in a bracket I didn't see. Now we beat Michigan and 'only' move up to a 6 while Michigan stays as a 4 and gets to host? Just keeping winning B1G games and force them to take notice..............................

"Indiana, Maryland and Michigan are all top-10-caliber teams that did their share of impressive things in the nonconference season...While the Hoosiers, Terps and Wolverines make the race so intriguing, Iowa, Ohio State and Nebraska could provide the kind of quality wins that pump up a résumé for a team fighting for a No. 1 seed."

So, the Nebraska game was expected to give a 'quality win' to Michigan is what he said prior to our game...

Seems Par for the Course: We barely get beaten by MSU (that we couldda/shouldda won) and drop two. Michigan gets Dominated, trailing all game with no chance to win, and doesn't drop at all. :Stickouttongue:

PS. I think the refs look at it that way too! :Stickouttongue: :Stickouttongue:

Well at least we're 'clickbait' providing 'Quality Wins' for others. :Lol:
(sometimes "Quality Losses." ;))

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back