• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Smothers

Was perfect percentage for a large portion of the game. What ended that was the need to throw out of bounds. Tossed a 40 yarder. Efficiency is the key, not how strong an arm he has. He was a good combination of running the ball and then throwing now and then and hitting targets. We got away from that for some reason in the 2nd half... Not his fault

I think Smothers played very well. The safety was because of a bad play call (that one and the one before...just get some room away from the goal line!). The fumble was a bad fake hand-off between two guys that have hardly played in the backfield all year. The second half overall performance for him was because we got away from what we were doing well in the first half (how many flair passes to someone in the flat five yards behind the line of scrimmage must we call?). The final interception? No idea what happened there...it must have been some kind of miscommunication. But hey...it's down to the wire and you've never been in this situation before...a mistake like that will happen. I think he played very well!

Thanks for having me.
Reaching for excuses. Hilarious.

I still think we look like we are running wild cat QB’s instead of a true QB. Different names same QB. How about getting a QB that is a QB. Stop trying to recruit and train an athlete to play QB. Defensive coordinators talk about worrying about the QB running game but never say anything about worrying about down field throws. Hopefully The next OC wants a guy that can throw first but still mobile enough to run if needed. We need to lean on a RB to get most of the rushing yards. The QB should not be the leading rusher.

I told you guys I would come here and be honest about my thoughts on Smothers. My thoughts are he’s a better runner but worse passer than Martinez. He’s limited with his arm strength. He’s tough but he’s not a quarterback. Option football was shut down in tge second half and we couldn’t run up tge middle or pass. Tge option is a good piece but we can’t make a running quarterback a focal point. Did anyone see the cuts bruises on Smothers arms? We won’t have anyone make it through a season healthy. We are a one dimensional offense. Regardless of Smothers and Martinez the fact is we have no one that can throw.

I told you guys I would come here and be honest about my thoughts on Smothers. My thoughts are he’s a better runner but worse passer than Martinez. He’s limited with his arm strength. He’s tough but he’s not a quarterback. Option football was shut down in tge second half and we couldn’t run up tge middle or pass. Tge option is a good piece but we can’t make a running quarterback a focal point. Did anyone see the cuts bruises on Smothers arms? We won’t have anyone make it through a season healthy. We are a one dimensional offense. Regardless of Smothers and Martinez the fact is we have no one that can throw.
"The'

You read his entire post and that is what stood out to you? Maybe you need to get some more rest during the off season.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

I plan on making it a great offseason by getting a lot done, focusing more on my health, and checking in on Husker football occasionally.

Here are my thoughts on the upcoming offseason and 2022 season…

1*Mg5Fv4HhfqJD7svp0BJgcA.png
I plan on the same. My subscription is up in December and it’s time to walk away. I will concentrate on work and my kids interests.

I plan on the same. My subscription is up in December and it’s time to walk away. I will concentrate on work and my kids interests.

Are you coming back before the season starts? I plan on renewing in January.

Last edited:

How much could a good QB coach address the so-called "noodle arm"? Is that in the same category as trying to teach a player to throw from back foot type thing? Or, is it ya either have it or ya don't?

From what I've read, there are drills that can help QBs improve their arm strenth. The problem is that it doesn't appear to be a "quick fix" issue. Also, given the NCAA rules about the amount of time coaches/trainers are allowed to spend with players during the offseason, the player really has to commit to wanting to improve his arm strength on his own.

The insane arm strength Pat Mahomes has he started working on as a kid with his Dad. It isn't something he started working on at TTU. Interestingly, he and other pro QBs known for their arm strength credit playing baseball, and baseball drills, for helping develop their arm strength.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back