• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Meltdown. Can Frost manage it this week?

Yup, fire the coach and pay the full buyout. Settle for whomever is willing to take the job. Has it really been that long ago that everyone forgot that is how we ended up with Mike Reilly? We fired a coach and then went weeks without anyone being interested in the job so we get whatever dead fish washes up on shore. Seems like a solid business decision.

FWIW, I hate losing just as much as the next person. I also don't want to pay coaches not to coach and still have a coach that is not taking us anywhere. Nebraska has been in this black hole for over a decade now.
There is absolutely no evidence that we would have to settle for somebody taking this job. So tired of the "who can we get" argument.

Secondly, because we've made mistakes in the past, now you want to stop paying coaches not to coach with the worst coach the school has had since the 1950s. Sounds logical.

Known problemS -- PLURAL. Again, who is that on? Second, thanks for not addressing my statement about the blocking -- once again. I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. Not when a finger could ever be rightfully pointed towards this staff, especially SF. The problem you speak of is a combination of recruiting, development, preaching and coaching situational awareness, and Xs and Os. It's not WP's fault Scott brought him in, started him, and stuck with him despite all these flaws you conveniently point out now that he had one blocked.. The attacks on players here to defend the golden boy is gross.
Acting like you actually give a crap about players when most of you have regularly questioned the skills of players is laughable. Seriously, are you suggesting our kicker shanking on a regular basis, or our punter blasting several punts barely past a first down marker, is all because we don’t have a full time ST coach? Even schools who have a full time coach rarely have them working with the kickers.

Seriously, I think it’s weird a kicker generally hires his own kicking coach, but it’s apparently the thing these days. Again, I’ve felt NIL money is the answer to get kickers the coaching they need.

Acting like you actually give a crap about players when most of you have regularly questioned the skills of players is laughable.
Utter B.S.. I have actually claimed ALL SEASON we are more than talented enough to compete for a division title, but are so poorly coached and developed we can't get out of our own way.

Nice try. Zero proof of these accusations, but if it makes ya feel better big boy and it helps you sleep at night, I wouldn't want you to be restless this evening. You keep being your dishonest self.

I refuse to address your moving goalposts until you address my original statement (the one you responded to) about the blocking on that play. This is the third time you failed to address it. Why? Because you know I'm right and it disrupts your agenda of protecting Frost at all costs. Then again, don't answer. I don't care.

Now I know why I had you blocked for as long as I did. You are not worth my time. Back on the list.

Last edited:
I don't know who is or isn't protecting Frost.

I can't truly see how he can be defended though.

Someone posted earlier how we have on paper the 3rd best recruiting class in the BiG and the best in the West.

Not sure how you can defend a coach with his record with that type of talent onboard.

No use bitching anymore about it though I guess.

So....on to next year.

As sucky as it still would have been . . . finally beating Iowa and getting a mere 4 wins would have put at least a semi-positive spin on the end of a gawd-awful season. Instead, special teams--the one area that has never had a dedicated, on-field expert under Frost and that has cost us multiple games--coughed up another win. This one is bad. I don't know how you put a positive angle on this to get kids to stay who are on the borderline. Maybe you tell that that you promise to hire a solid ST coach who will improve that phase of the game; sell a new OC who can keep the offense interested; and Chins can keep as many dudes as possible on defense.

Frost gets one more chance next season. If it looks the same and he's still under the reworked buyout . . . Frost is done.
We are.toast next year also

Yup, fire the coach and pay the full buyout. Settle for whomever is willing to take the job. Has it really been that long ago that everyone forgot that is how we ended up with Mike Reilly? We fired a coach and then went weeks without anyone being interested in the job so we get whatever dead fish washes up on shore. Seems like a solid business decision.

FWIW, I hate losing just as much as the next person. I also don't want to pay coaches not to coach and still have a coach that is not taking us anywhere. Nebraska has been in this black hole for over a decade now.
So your ok with this piss poor coach? What about the damage he has done to recruiting and the fan base? Frost Homer's are unreal.

Known problemS -- PLURAL. Again, who is that on? Second, thanks for not addressing my statement about the blocking -- once again. I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. Not when a finger could ever be rightfully pointed towards this staff, especially SF. The problem you speak of is a combination of recruiting, development, preaching and coaching situational awareness, and Xs and Os. It's not WP's fault Scott brought him in, started him, and stuck with him despite all these flaws you conveniently point out now that he had one blocked.. The attacks on players here to defend the golden boy is gross.
Correct Trev and Frost

So now I curse that raven's fire.
You made me hate, you made me burn.
He laughed aloud as he flew from Eden.
You always knew, you never learn.
The crow no longer sings to me.
Like Martin Luther or Pericles.
Come join the murder.
Come fly with black.
We'll give you freedom.
From the Frost trap.

Last edited:
Mike Riley is an upgrade over Scott Frost
Tonight I realized that the last time Nebraska won anything of note was under Riley when I was a newlywed: Oregon in Lincoln. I now have three kids.

Last edited:

You need someone knowledgeable on coverage and blocking. It could be a part time guy or a coach who wears multiple hats. In our case, we need a ST Whisperer.

They need to recruit better talent for punter and kicker. They are out there and not far from Lincoln ie Jake Scott Punter (Alabama and Green Bay) is from Denver and Carlson FG Kicker (Auburn and Las Vegas) is from Colorado Springs.

A good punter changes field position. A good FG kicker keeps you in the game when you can't score TD's ie Iowa kicker today was money with 4 field goals.
Also decisions not to try to field a punt inside the 10 yard line that put us in the position for the punt block.

Last edited:

I frankly don't see how next year goes any better. How is the Oline going to be better? A new oline coach will need more than one spring and summer. How is the running game going to be better without a big time RB? How is the defense going to be as good without their best players from this year?

What does Frost do if he is not OC? He doesn't seem like a big picture administrative type. Can he resist taking playcalling back? How does he start to believe himself that we will win these close games, and how does he get the team too believe it as well?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back