• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Level of confidence that HSCF "turns it around"

On a scale of 1-10 how confident are you that scott "turns it around" next season (1= not confident)

Votes: 41 39.8%

Votes: 16 15.5%

Votes: 14 13.6%

Votes: 4 3.9%

Votes: 8 7.8%

Votes: 5 4.9%

Votes: 10 9.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
NU has been a poorly-coached team for 7 years (4 under Frost). Why would next season be any different without Domann, Allen, CTB, Dismuke, Stille, Toure, etc.?
See, you don't get it, others on here have stated over and over again at just how "close" we are this year. At 3 - 9, we could have beaten Alabama, Georgia, etc, if those teams didn't actually show up. I think we all like Frost, but his time as Nebraska HC has come and gone. We will have a losing season next year also, barring some miracle bounces going our way. Whew! Rant over, now on to the next Dear John letter thread.

My fear is that by waiting a year to can Frost, the next coach will be tasked with a rebuild. Whereas, a coach coming in now would have a better team of players to succeed with, quicker.
Who would come here to be HC instead of at LSU, USC, or Florida? The market for a HC is going to be real rough this year unless we drastically overpay for a known commodity or hire a lesser known, and neither is guaranteed to pan out. Not arguing for or against keeping SF, just pointing out the competition for a coach this year.

Last edited:

Who would come here to be HC instead of at LSU, USC, or Florida? The market for a HC is going to be real rough this year unless we drastically overpay for a known commodity or hire a lesser known, and neither might be a step up. Not arguing for or against keeping SF, just pointing out the competition for a coach this year.
Someone that could win 4 games in a weak big 10 west

Who would come here to be HC instead of at LSU, USC, or Florida? The market for a HC is going to be real rough this year unless we drastically overpay for a known commodity or hire a lesser known, and neither is guaranteed to pan out. Not arguing for or against keeping SF, just pointing out the competition for a coach this year.
It is a tough year for finding a top coach given the other high-profile openings. Plus many top candidates are signing lucrative extensions to stay put.

On the flip side, 3-9 / 1-8 in year four is absolutely pathetic and unacceptable. We are stuck for one more year though.

It is a tough year for finding a top coach given the other high-profile openings. Plus many top candidates are signing lucrative extensions to stay put.

On the flip side, 3-9 / 1-8 in year four is absolutely pathetic and unacceptable. We are stuck for one more year though.
Certain people on here think we are a good team and are this close. Crazy, even with the proof right in front of them, they deny how piss poor we are.

idc whatever that means to you. I guess I'm going with 'wins enough football games to warrant keeping his job"

I really don't believe in what he is doing here, our recruiting looks so bleak, we are a tremendously unintelligent football team IMO. it is really hard for me to find hope that next season will be winning football
Don't worry. The Tradition Coalition will come rolling in to tell you that you are wrong and that you HATE Scott Frost.

This is why I didn’t agree TA decision as we are sacrificing two recruiting classes which will make it a total rebuild
This is only my gut, but ultimately, I don't think this was solely TA"s call. At the time of change, based on polling, Scott had 70% of the fanbase behind him for at least another year. I'm sure the admin was in his (TA's) ear. I don't for life of me think Trev truly believes in the direction taken, hence the reason why he set himself up to can his butt as early as mid season next year if things contiinue to circle the drain. Again, just my gut based on TA's words. I could be 100% wrong.

I am going to pump my brakes for a while, see what happens in the hiring of staff, see what we get out of the portal and which of our current better players will still be around. I don't expect much from the recruitment this year. There is a small chance that SF may be willing to learn something from that bunch of new coaches, such as the importance of special teams and the players that man them. What seems clear to me is that the HC has demonstrated that he has some flaws that will get in the way of him ever being a sucessful coach here. Maybe the new guys will get his ear, and maybe they will have something useful to say that will correct some of those flaws. Doubtful, but maybe.

Zero. Not adding anything more than what’s already been said except that the kids and fans both deserve better. The ineptitude across the board is alarming and I have no confidence any of that is corrected next year. Schedule should theoretically be easier but we lost to all but 1 P5 team this year so who knows?

GET TICKETS

Back