• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OU sucks again

Quick question that I do not know the answer to:

Has joining the SEC improved Missouri's and A&M's recruiting in the deep south and in particular Florida?

If not, I dont see where OU would expect it to help them either.

Ironically, I think OSU is now the team that’s in the catbird seat in terms of CFP chances, in years ahead. OU just handed them that gift on a bright orange platter by leaving.
This definitely makes it easier for Ohio St. it would be nice to see Penn St and Michigan actually challenge them.

Has joining the SEC improved Missouri's and A&M's recruiting in the deep south and in particular Florida?

They are going to encounter some of the same problems Nebraska had. I’d also bet the SEC will throw a gauntlet of a schedule at Texas and Oklahoma. They’ll both get Georgia and Florida to start. I bet they won’t play Vanderbilt for a while. They don’t want any newbies coming in thinking they own the place. It will be no picnic for either.

First, "one of these things is not like the others" and that's Missouri ;) IMO their move to the SEC was all about the $$ and less about finding a conference in which they could compete for a conference championship in football.

As for A&M, IMO the answer is absolutely it's improved their recruiting. A&M just went to Baton Rouge and stole the #3 RB in the country (45th ranked recruit overall) right out from LSU's back yard. They've got nine commitments from players ranked in the ESPN Top 150 so far. That includes the #1 recruit in the country, DT Walter Nolen.
They've got the #1 dual threat QB, #1 DT, #1 TE and #3 safety. They're still in the running for Florida DE Shamar Stewart and several other players. With the number of highly ranked recruits they've gotten from Texas, I'd argue they "own" the state now and UT's got some serious catching up to do.

A&M could finish the year with the top ranked class in the country. Right now ESPN's got them ranked 6th.

Last edited:

This definitely makes it easier for Ohio St. it would be nice to see Penn St and Michigan actually challenge them.

And even better when Nebraska is playing Ohio State in the Big Ten Championship Game.

Penn State has actually played Ohio State very tough in most games since James Franklin became PSU head coach. His record against OSU is 1-7, but only 1 game was a blowout.

1637356494146.png

As for TTUN challenging Ohio State, just say no. Since Harbaugh arrived in Ann Arbor, the Wolverines have yet to beat the Buckeyes.

1637356838018.png

It’s ok, many don’t like me but many do. It’s kinda irrelevant what the guys on Huskermax think about you.
I have to disagree. While it's true that many don't like you, it's simply not true that many do.

And if no one has a strong opinion of you one way or the other, it's YOU that's irrelevant.

Hope that helps, keep the change.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back