• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Iowa Gameday Weather Forecast -- Wednesday Update on Page #2, Post #20

If Nebraska loses, it won't be because my weather forecast sucks. :Lol: :heisman:

I'll update with more specifics tomorrow, but the computer models are taking a warmer trend. I mentioned 60 degrees being possible -- that's becoming an increasingly possible scenario.
That's good to hear. I'm heading back to Nebraska tomorrow and I'm not planning on bringing cold weather clothes.

That's good to hear. I'm heading back to Nebraska tomorrow and I'm not planning on bringing cold weather clothes.

Thanksgiving Day is going to be pretty chilly. Afternoon temperatures in the upper-30s after a morning low around 20 -- so a huge change for Friday.

Granted, you likely can handle colder temperatures better than I can. Anything below 60, and I'm bundled up like Ralphie in Christmas Story.

Last edited:
Thanksgiving Day is going to be pretty chilly. Afternoon temperatures in the upper-30s after a morning low around 20 -- so a huge change for Friday.

Granted, you likely can handle colder temperatures better than I can. Anything below 60, and I'm bundled up like Ralphie in Christmas Story.
I'm like a furnace!

I figure I can withstand cold temperatures for the short bursts of time that I'm outside in truly cold days. The nice thing about Colorado Springs is that we have a lot of sunny days, so that helps.

Ultimately, it's the wind that really gets me.

Wednesday Update.

All systems go for an incredibly nice weather day on Friday for the game!

I mentioned the possibility that the temperatures trend warmer, and that's very likely the case for Friday. Thanksgiving Day will be chilly -- with a high between 38 and 40 in Lincoln. Thanksgiving night/Friday morning will see a low around 23. And Friday afternoon should top 60 degrees! No rain. Lots of sunshine. Wind not more than 10-14 MPH. (I see that Tuesday in Lincoln reached 70 -- but with lots of wind.)

Pregame (Saturday morning): Low-to-mid-20s at daybreak. Sunny skies. Temperatures will warm into the 40s by 10-11AM, and 50s by 11AM-noon.

Kickoff (12:30 PM CDT): 54-55 degrees. Sunny skies. Wind SSW at 7-11 MPH.

Halftime: Around 60 degrees. Sunny skies. Wind SSW at 8-12 MPH.

4th Quarter: 63-64 degrees. Sunny skies. Wind SSW at 9-13 MPH.

Postgame: 60s through 4-5PM, 50s by 5-6PM, dropping to around 40 at midnight. Dry conditions.

Wednesday Update.

All systems go for an incredibly nice weather day on Friday for the game!

I mentioned the possibility that the temperatures trend warmer, and that's very likely the case for Friday. Thanksgiving Day will be chilly -- with a high between 38 and 40 in Lincoln. Thanksgiving night/Friday morning will see a low around 23. And Friday afternoon should top 60 degrees! No rain. Lots of sunshine. Wind not more than 10-14 MPH. (I see that Tuesday in Lincoln reached 70 -- but with lots of wind.)

Pregame (Saturday morning): Low-to-mid-20s at daybreak. Sunny skies. Temperatures will warm into the 40s by 10-11AM, and 50s by 11AM-noon.

Kickoff (12:30 PM CDT): 54-55 degrees. Sunny skies. Wind SSW at 7-11 MPH.

Halftime: Around 60 degrees. Sunny skies. Wind SSW at 8-12 MPH.

4th Quarter: 63-64 degrees. Sunny skies. Wind SSW at 9-13 MPH.

Postgame: 60s through 4-5PM, 50s by 5-6PM, dropping to around 40 at midnight. Dry conditions.
Thanks again for all your forecasts this year.

Fwiw, Denver blew by the latest day of snow ever a couple of days ago and there is zero precip in the 10 day. In fact the forecast highs are all 20 degrees higher than normal. Great news for a non-skiing suburbanite like me.

But bad news for those in the skiing industry. Otherwise, I'm with you -- I can do without cold and snow.

Among the most miserable:
1991:
Cold (34 degrees), windy, rainy day in Lincoln, saved only by Jones late 15 yard TD run that led to 19-14 NU victory over OU.

I was a UNL student at that game.

My personal worst weather experience for a game was September 28, 1985 against Oregon. Nebraska won 63-0 (back in the days when Oregon sucked).

1:30PM kickoff. The temperature fluctuated between 38 and 40 the entire game with a 15-20 MPH sustained wind and drizzle. Wind chill was around 30. Cold and wet.

I got to take a buddy from high school with me to that game, as no one else in my family wanted to go in that miserable weather.

It's one thing to have weather like that in November -- when your body has started to adjust to colder temperatures. But in September, when the normal high is 75, when it was 71 the day prior, and 90 the Saturday prior -- your body hasn't adjusted to weather that is more typical in November than September. I was sitting in the South Stadium with that North wind driving drizzle into my face -- absolutely miserable (except for the scoreboard).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back