• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Deshawn Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

nchusker

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
I wonder if it’s worth trying to get the young man to give us another look. Would he rather play for the home team that has been in every game or Mizzou who has been boat raced three times including to Tenn. 62-24. They have one close SEC victory(Vanderbilt) for a total record of 4-5.

For those that want Frost gone , I know their 4 wins is more than our three. But if that’s all you got, you’re being blinded by your unfettered desire for change.

Last edited:

Did you say he grew up a Husker fan? If it wasn’t you, someone on here said it. So as bad as Mizzou is doing and now that we are bringing on a new ol coach…why wouldn’t he consider it?

Did you say he grew up a Husker fan? If it wasn’t you, someone on here said it. So as bad as Mizzou is doing and now that we are bringing on a new ol coach…why wouldn’t he consider it?
That ship sailed quite a while ago.

And all this instability hurts our recruiting efforts even more. It certainly doesn't help.

That ship sailed quite a while ago.

And all this instability hurts our recruiting efforts even more. It certainly doesn't help.
Well it’s only my opinion but I think being close in all games and now making these changes gives us another chance with some of these recruits.

Well it’s only my opinion but I think being close in all games and now making these changes gives us another chance with some of these recruits.
You would be incorrect. Kids don't really give a damn about what the team is doing this year. They pay attention to the relationship with the coaches, stability in the program, whether the offense/defense suits them, distance from home, etc. Woods is solidly a Tiger. While Missouri has struggled, it seems to be due to the bare cupboard on the offensive and defensive lines that was left by the previous coach. Keep in mind, Drinkwitz is only in his second year, and is recruiting at a level never seen before at Mizzou. Kids see that as well. As far as NU's current record, losing is losing. You are what your record says you are. NU has been a loser for awhile now.

Sounds unlikely that Woods would even listen, but whoever we hire as the OC and the O-Line coach ought to at least try to get a conversation with him (unless Woods' aversion to NU is based specifically on Frost).

Sounds unlikely that Woods would even listen, but whoever we hire as the OC and the O-Line coach ought to at least try to get a conversation with him (unless Woods' aversion to NU is based specifically on Frost).
You never stop recruiting them until signing day. That being said, he's not going to flip back to NU. For all intents and purposes, this one is all over. Best to move on. Wouldn't suprise me to see Hayden Schwartz sign with Missouri too. As long as Drinkwitz is at Missouri, recruiting STL or KC is going to be a real bitch for our Huskers.

You never stop recruiting them until signing day. That being said, he's not going to flip back to NU. For all intents and purposes, this one is all over. Best to move on. Wouldn't suprise me to see Hayden Schwartz sign with Missouri too. As long as Drinkwitz is at Missouri, recruiting STL or KC is going to be a real bitch for our Huskers.
Drink seems to be owning us in recruiting. Hopefully that changes with the new staff. His record isn't much better, but it's only his 2nd year. I just don't see Mizzou moving up much in the SEC, especially when OU and Texas join. We'll see if he can keep up the recruiting success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back