• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hypothetical question?

Our recruiting under Frost has gone backwards the last 2 years and there is zero relationship with Omaha HS coaches. If Frost is going to continue as HC, there needs to be a serious improvement in the recruiting.

Our recruiting under Frost has gone backwards the last 2 years and there is zero relationship with Omaha HS coaches. If Frost is going to continue as HC, there needs to be a serious improvement in the recruiting.

What would be your recommendation? And unless I'm mistaken, Millard is a part of the Omaha metro. Not sure if you knew that....

Hopefully but I don't believe it to be Smothers. He could be one of those that just takes off and becomes great, which I hope. You just don't see someone who struggles to throw the ball as he does become a great thrower. I could be very wrong, but I just see more of a McCaffrey type of guy out of him, as they both struggle to throw well. He can deliver some great passes, just not good enough to lead this offense the way AM does
With all due respect, how could you, me, or anyone outside the program, know he struggles to throw the ball? Based on what? The 3-5 series he’s had in mop up duty? The spring game? I just don’t believe any of us have seen enough of him to really know what he brings to the table.

Not last year. The class was ranked 20th.

This year we have a low number of available scholarships and will be ranked fairly low.

With all due respect, how could you, me, or anyone outside the program, know he struggles to throw the ball? Based on what? The 3-5 series he’s had in mop up duty? The spring game? I just don’t believe any of us have seen enough of him to really know what he brings to the table.
Sample size from what I’ve seen and also what I’ve interpreted from his high school highlights

Sample size from what I’ve seen and also what I’ve interpreted from his high school highlights
I get that, but his sample size is 15 passes or so, at least at this level. You might be right, not suggesting you aren’t, but we certainly haven’t seen enough at this level to say.

Can
Yeah that’s not what the score told us
Cannot help that your eyes are closed. The play calling both O and D was great and a great adjustment by the coaches. The loss is on the punters execution. Go back and watch it again even the announcers were saying N was dominating in the 3 and 4th up until the punt that went to the wrong side of the field.

Can

Cannot help that your eyes are closed. The play calling both O and D was great and a great adjustment by the coaches. The loss is on the punters execution. Go back and watch it again even the announcers were saying N was dominating in the 3 and 4th up until the punt that went to the wrong side of the field.
ok you got me. I guess we improved enough to almost win.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back