• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Honoring former players......from other teams

Ogahusker

All Big 10
20 Year Member
Was watching the 30 for 30 on Marcus DuPree last night and wondered what kind of reception he, and many others who have played in Lincoln, would get if they were brought back to Memorial Stadium for an introduction.
Personally, I'd love to see some former opposing players who put on quite a show come back to a fan base who appreciates good football.

I'll start with a few:

Duante Culpepper, UCF
Troy Edwards, LA Tech
Eric Bienemy, CU
Darren Sproles, KSU
Keith Jackson, OU

I can just imagine some highlight clips against NU of these guys between the first and second quarters, then the introduction. I seriously think they would get a huge, positive response. (And their former teams would probably be fuming!)
I'm not sure it's been done before. Trev would be just the guy to do it too.

Who would you like to see, if anyone? And NO, I'm not sadistic.

Strange (but good) idea that I'd never thought of. I don't know how you would arrange it, other than scheduling their teams. I would hope we would be gracious hosts. I wouldn't suggest inviting back the guy who tried to plant the flag in our field.

Strange (but good) idea that I'd never thought of. I don't know how you would arrange it, other than scheduling their teams. I would hope we would be gracious hosts. I wouldn't suggest inviting back the guy who tried to plant the flag in our field.

Might be fun to list players you WOULDN'T invite back! :oops::Biggrin:

Was watching the 30 for 30 on Marcus DuPree last night and wondered what kind of reception he, and many others who have played in Lincoln, would get if they were brought back to Memorial Stadium for an introduction.
Personally, I'd love to see some former opposing players who put on quite a show come back to a fan base who appreciates good football.

I'll start with a few:

Duante Culpepper, UCF
Troy Edwards, LA Tech
Eric Bienemy, CU
Darren Sproles, KSU
Keith Jackson, OU

I can just imagine some highlight clips against NU of these guys between the first and second quarters, then the introduction. I seriously think they would get a huge, positive response. (And their former teams would probably be fuming!)
I'm not sure it's been done before. Trev would be just the guy to do it too.

Who would you like to see, if anyone? And NO, I'm not sadistic.
Only the ones that didn't beat us lol. Otherwise I wouldn't like to Sproles. Not sure about anyone from CU either.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back