• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minnesota boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had nothing but positive experiences with Minnesota fans, except eating more than their share of chocolate chip cookies at Smoker's tailgate ;)

This is the first year we haven't made the trip to Minneapolis for the game in 10 years. The last 2 trips NU stunk up the place. The fans around us have always been very polite and hospitable. 4 years ago we bought tickets off Craigslist from an alum and sat next to them about 10 rows up on the 45 yard line. They could have easily sold those seats to Minnesota fans but wanted to show us how hospitable they could be. I thought that was very cool. Walking back to our car after the game we were randomly invited to join a tailgate and stayed for a few beverages and had a great time. It took some of the sting out of the pathetic Husker performance we had just watched.

Many of our key players were either not here or did not play in that game last year

Toure, Msnning, Johnson, Betts etc etc
Two of those four players were almost nonexistent last week and other than a few moments non factors most of the year. The staff needs to get both more involved in the offense.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with Minnesota fans, except eating more than their share of chocolate chip cookies at Smoker's tailgate ;)

This is the first year we haven't made the trip to Minneapolis for the game in 10 years. The last 2 trips NU stunk up the place. The fans around us have always been very polite and hospitable. 4 years ago we bought tickets off Craigslist from an alum and sat next to them about 10 rows up on the 45 yard line. They could have easily sold those seats to Minnesota fans but wanted to show us how hospitable they could be. I thought that was very cool. Walking back to our car after the game we were randomly invited to join a tailgate and stayed for a few beverages and had a great time. It took some of the sting out of the pathetic Husker performance we had just watched.

I've never had bad experiences with Minnesota fans either -- and I lived in the Twin Cities for several years in the 90s (during our national dominance years).

Never met a single cocky, arrogant Minnesota fan. Most that discussed sports were much more "woe is me" than anything else -- in regards to all of their sports teams. Hockey is really their true passion anyhow -- followed closely by fishing. Everything else is just filler.

I tend to think we over-analyze based on what we read on internet forums. That's social media. I rarely confuse it with real life. And again, if we're judging based on fan bases on internet forums, there cannot possibly be a more degenerate fan base than our own. But I tend to think most Nebraska fans are good people -- when they step away from the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back