• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What Trev Alberts did on Sunday.

In my opinion Scott is not a great or maybe even a good leader. I base that strictly on what happens on the field and what has happened over the last three years. This is a team that can't seem to get our of its' own way. To me that is lack of leadership.
I think I said what Trev Alberts did was good leadership.

In my opinion Scott is not a great or maybe even a good leader. I base that strictly on what happens on the field and what has happened over the last three years. This is a team that can't seem to get our of its' own way. To me that is lack of leadership.
I think Scott is a good leader, but he's still growing in that position. He's not a leader in the model of a Trev Alberts, but good leaders can be found with completely different methods and approaches throughout history, and in all chosen fields.

I think the problems with a team not getting out of its own way is simply a lack of executing the plays properly.

Whatever people think about if Frost SHOULD be let go, what Trev said and did just ended the discussion on if it will happen this year. I'm not sure for Trev how badly the bottom would have to drop out before he would let Scott go. I suspect we could finish 3-9 and it would still be ok, as long as the team keeps fighting as it has.

Given Trev's views then, regardless of what you think of them, his actions this weekend were masterful from a management style point of view. If this is how he does stuff all the time, the best people are going to be lining up for a chance to coach at Nebraska, probably in all sports.

I don't think there's much chance Trev will accept a non-competitive football program forever, so I have no problem trusting him to play this thing as he is right now. I'm just gaining confidence that in the long run, husker sports are going to be fine. More than fine.
For Trev to accept a non-competitive program for very long he places himself at risk imo. Don't know the man but he looks like someone that could be very tough when it's needed.

I believe we hired an exceptional AD but only time will confirm or deny!

I don’t know that this is 100% accurate, but you have to wonder what was or wasn’t going on behind the curtain.

I liked Moos. I liked his ‘Gosh fellas’ personality and what seemed like calming influence. Maybe that was me mistaking his lack of involvement for being confident and relaxed.

The timing seems odd.
The timing seems odd……unless you really look at it and it makes full sense. But moos wasn’t the only part of the equation. There was another high level position that turned over with very few knowing what was happening.
If you want an example of the awkward and uncomfortable conversations that Trev supposedly didn’t have…..was in his first 10 days on the job telling Scott one of his best friends and director of operations Gerrod Lambrecht had to go. He was in charge of the off season workouts we are under investigation for.

It was a lot of things. He was lazy in a lot of aspects of the AD job. I think he looked at it as a comfy retirement job. Not a bad guy. Just wasn't a good fit and he shirked a lot of responsibility and dumped stuff on coaches to handle at times.

It is an old reference to threads gone by.

C

Well I was one totally against the hiring of TA. I was wrong. He has Impressed me so far for sure. Time for me to eat my words……..again.

I wanted him to be the guy for all the wrong reasons before Eichorst even crapped in our collective mess kit.

I wanted 'Husker' continuity, etc., etc.

Now I think he was the right guy and maybe now is really the right time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back