• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What Trev Alberts did on Sunday.

You have to wonder if he really didn’t have a sounding board. Someone who’d actually listen, be present in a conversation and offer advice.
I hesitate to post this because of the baloney that's gonna come back at me, but you're exactly right.

There was no sounding board, no accountability, no mentorship, no structure, nothing. No matter how good someone is at whatever they do, they need to have someone to hold them accountable, grow, have structure, and support. Prior to Alberts, it was a free for all with the inmates fully in charge of the asylum. We saw how that turned out.

The turnaround isn't a coincidence. The tragedy is how amazing of a spot we would be in if there had been a structure in place on day 1 of the Frost regime that is in place now.

Yep. I left as captain and i can tell you that leading in the military…..at least on the army side would get you in about 2 lawsuits a day on the private side. :):):):):)
Well, if you were a Captain then you finally figured out how to do Land Navigation correctly. In the Corps we mercilessly made fun of 2ND LTs, who by enlisted men's stories, can't run a compass...... :Lol:

I hesitate to post this because of the baloney that's gonna come back at me, but you're exactly right.

There was no sounding board, no accountability, no mentorship, no structure, nothing. No matter how good someone is at whatever they do, they need to have someone to hold them accountable, grow, have structure, and support. Prior to Alberts, it was a free for all with the inmates fully in charge of the asylum. We saw how that turned out.

The turnaround isn't a coincidence. The tragedy is how amazing of a spot we would be in if there had been a structure in place on day 1 of the Frost regime that is in place now.

I don’t know that this is 100% accurate, but you have to wonder what was or wasn’t going on behind the curtain.

I liked Moos. I liked his ‘Gosh fellas’ personality and what seemed like calming influence. Maybe that was me mistaking his lack of involvement for being confident and relaxed.

The timing seems odd.

Well, if you were a Captain then you finally figured out how to do Land Navigation correctly. In the Corps we mercilessly made fun of 2ND LTs, who by enlisted men's stories, can't run a compass...... :Lol:
Oh yea you aren’t too far off. I was enlisted prior and went OCS so wasn’t straight out of ROTC. Got my feet wet first.

I feel your sentiment regarding the baloney coming back but your second paragraph is dead on. Fans don’t want to believe it. I’m alright with it because I know the moos firing was directly designed to help Scott. There were demons that needed dealt with that moos was equally dealing with. It’s all good because I believe the entire program is overcoming them.

I fully agree with this.

It’s possible they struggled and just left the thread.
I all fairness I just came in and did not struggle at all. Pretty good reading comp though. But I guess if you do not read the entire statement one could get lost. Now do not take this as me knowing if awkward conversations happened I just understood where NY was going.

Last edited:

So what I get out of this is that Moos did not have his house in order. :Whistling:

C
It was a lot of things. He was lazy in a lot of aspects of the AD job. I think he looked at it as a comfy retirement job. Not a bad guy. Just wasn't a good fit and he shirked a lot of responsibility and dumped stuff on coaches to handle at times.

You make a good point. Frost had that support and accountability by the AD at UCF, it seems to be occurring with Alberts as AD.

I find that the first few years of our football downturn i drank a lot and swore even more. Now I still love my Huskers but it is what it is and just hope to gain some form of National respect before watching games again with my Dad in heaven.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back