• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What Trev Alberts did on Sunday.

We finally find a thread where everyone agrees that Trev is doing a great job, but then start arguing about how he is going about accomplishing it? :Confused:

I need a drink...

What a minute.

I miss my drinking buddy.

Moos and I had a few slices of pea can pie and bourbon together. Trev’s gotta earn his spot at the table.

Whatever people think about if Frost SHOULD be let go, what Trev said and did just ended the discussion on if it will happen this year. I'm not sure for Trev how badly the bottom would have to drop out before he would let Scott go. I suspect we could finish 3-9 and it would still be ok, as long as the team keeps fighting as it has.

Given Trev's views then, regardless of what you think of them, his actions this weekend were masterful from a management style point of view. If this is how he does stuff all the time, the best people are going to be lining up for a chance to coach at Nebraska, probably in all sports.

I don't think there's much chance Trev will accept a non-competitive football program forever, so I have no problem trusting him to play this thing as he is right now. I'm just gaining confidence that in the long run, husker sports are going to be fine. More than fine.

Last edited:

IMHO, we're witnessing the forging of steel right now. Perseverance is a concept that's almost dead in today's society. Good things are ahead for Husker Football. Trev knows it, sees it and encourages it. As tough as it is, going through it sucks. But we're seeing a TEAM. Embrace it. Enjoy it. And if you're a no moral wins / only the score counts person, thanks for the challenge -- but the reality of life, growth and character will run much deeper and longer for enduring the process we've been living. Keep the faith.

Whatever people think about if Frost SHOULD be let go, what Trev said and did just ended the discussion on if it will happen this year. I'm not sure for Trev how badly the bottom would have to drop out before he would let Scott go. I suspect we could finish 3-9 and it would still be ok, as long as the team keeps fighting as it has.

Given Trev's views then, regardless of what you think of them, his actions this weekend were masterful from a management style point of view. If this is how he does stuff all the time, the best people are going to be lining up for a chance to coach at Nebraska, probably in all sports.

I don't think there's much chance Trev will accept a non-competitive football program forever, so I have no problem trusting him to play this thing as he is right now. I'm just gaining confidence that in the long run, husker sports are going to be fine. More than fine.
What is interesting is how Trev walked into a job with a bad culture and has been able to turn it around so quickly; in like what, a month? 6 weeks?

Impressive leadership.

What is interesting is how Trev walked into a job with a bad culture and has been able to turn it around so quickly; in like what, a month? 6 weeks?

Impressive leadership.
One thing I've noticed is when he talks it sounds a little like articulate executive bureaucratese, but still he is often saying something substantial, which makes sense and shows good judgement of the situation, and shows consistency over time. Even when people can't exactly put their finger on exactly why, they fall in behind people who can truly do that, because we all long to be well led and we all want to do something great.

I better hold back a little because I don't want to annoint him as the second coming. It's still early. But at this point I couldn't be more pleased with Alberts.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back