• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Santino Panico……

dparks

Varsity
20 Year Member
……averaged about 2.8 yards a return during his Nebraska career. But guess what? He RARELY let a punt hit the ground. Sure hands, just no help from a punt return unit that let the defense run freely down the field. He caught almost every punt!!
Is someone going to convince me that we do not have a single player on the whole team that can’t run up and catch a punt even if they just fair catch it? Toure was pitiful tonight, letting every punt hit and roll past him. Except the one he let go over his head. Is he afraid of fumbling the punts? There has to be someone that can field punts and save all that field position!!

Now that you mention that, I wonder why we don't do that anymore?
honestly have no idea... it would sure help with protection, improve fielding punts + perhaps re-capture those hidden yards we seem to consistently lose from not fielding a punt.

sure miss those Craver/Groce dual return days :wow:

honestly have no idea... it would sure help with protection, improve fielding punts + perhaps re-capture those hidden yards we seem to consistently lose from not fielding a punt.

sure miss those Craver/Groce dual return days :wow:

I miss the dual PR return game ...absolutely killed us tonight.
How about Tyrone Hughes and Corey Dixon. Dana Brinson and Richard bell… ahh the good ol days!!

Last edited:

Hell, I miss the Santino Panico days.
Me too, with the crap going on in the punt return game, hence why I started this thread. Who would of ever guessed we would miss good ole "I catch every punt and fall for almost 3 yards" Santino!

Hell, I miss the Santino Panico days.
1632684450763.jpeg

I miss Santino Marella.

Agreed as he hasn't given up a safety or fumbled, etc. But you won't do that if you let each punt roll for 30 yards. Heck, might as well have 11 try to block the kick if you are going to field punts that way.
Yes I mentioned that as well on an earlier thread…. Just go full punt block on every punt, but I’d imagine that would end poorly as well. Automatic first downs I would guess

It is a great mystery to me that we cannot find an athlete who can handle this job.
Toure said when he was placed in this spot that he has not done much of this in his career. It shows. He is indecisive.
It's shocking that there are no DB's or WR's who can get this handled for us.

Maybe Martin will be the guy when he gets healthy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back