• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Michigan State

It’s because Nebraska wanted OU to run. They dropped into coverage as to not give up big plays. It was brilliant what they did. Also, OU used clock running the ball, and shortened the game even more. Expect others to follow. Lowest point total in like 65 games or so for them. It gave them a chance to win the game, but they didn’t take advantage of the opportunities they had. I’d imagine NU to be more committed to stopping the run tonight. Make them beat you with the pass.
Agree on the thoughts of wanting OU to run the ball…. But that’s the point, OU did not want to. Sparky won’t be so gracious. We may have to have a complete opposite game plan and hope our seasoned secondary holds up. Stack the box, run blitz, key on walker and put the onus on the quarterback to make plays. Hopefully we can breakup his 7/0 TD to INT ratio.

Last edited:
Agree on the thoughts of wanting OU to run the ball…. But that’s the point, OU did not want to. Sparky won’t be so gracious. We may have to have a complete opposite game plan and hope our seasoned secondary holds up. Stack the box, run blitz, key on walker and put the onus on the quarterback to make plays. Hopefully we can breakup his 7/0 TD to INT ratio.
I think his point was that alternatively, MSU doesn't have the passing game that OU has. Thus, focusing on and shutting down the run, forces MSU to be one dimensional, in an are they aren't prolific in.

I think his point was that alternatively, MSU doesn't have the passing game that OU has. Thus, focusing on and shutting down the run, forces MSU to be one dimensional, in an are they aren't prolific in.

It’s because Nebraska wanted OU to run. They dropped into coverage as to not give up big plays. It was brilliant what they did. Also, OU used clock running the ball, and shortened the game even more. Expect others to follow. Lowest point total in like 65 games or so for them. It gave them a chance to win the game, but they didn’t take advantage of the opportunities they had. I’d imagine NU to be more committed to stopping the run tonight. Make them beat you with the pass.

ya, I’m not sure that’s what his point was, that was more my point. his point seemed pretty OU oriented in regards to them being able to run on us, in large part because we preferred that over giving up big plays. Slowing down the heisman trophy candidate and forcing them to beat us running the football. which they did, but only because we blew our opportunities. He was spot on, we held sooners to within striking distance.

The question has not been answered as to weather we can stop a team that prefers to run, while also quit capable throwing the ball? That we will get a good understanding of tonight. History tells us we won’t…. See Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota

Last edited:

ya, I’m not sure that’s what his point was, that was more my point. his point seemed pretty OU oriented in regards to them being able to run on us, in large part because we preferred that over giving up big plays. Slowing down the heisman trophy candidate and forcing them to beat us running the football. which they did, but only because we blew our opportunities. He was spot on, we held sooners to within striking distance.

The question has not been answered as to weather we can stop a team that prefers to run, while also quit capable throwing the ball? That we will get a good understanding of tonight. History tells us we won’t…. See Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota
Good thing history don't matter in what happens tonight.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back