• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska at Michigan State Gameday Weather Forecast -- Friday Update on Page 2, Post #17

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
6PM kickoff in East Lansing.

As many of you likely know, the weather pattern is going to be changing dramatically this week. A strong cold front in the early-week period will bring an end to late-summer weather just in time for the first day of autumn (which starts on Wednesday).

I've had to forecast hot temperatures for the first four games of the season. That won't be the case at all for next Saturday's game against Michigan State.

Currently seeing high temperatures in the 60s Saturday afternoon -- but with this being an evening kickoff, temperatures for the game itself will be mostly in the 50s!

Of greater challenge with the forecast are the rain chances. The models have about a 50/50 split if there will be rain over the state of Michigan on Saturday or if it will be dry. For now, just a mention of a rain chance -- and I'll fine tune that in a couple days.

At this point, wind doesn't look strong, but that too will need more detailing as the week progresses.

The one certainty is that this will be a game that finally has a fall feel associated -- football weather!

I'm glad you waited til Sunday evening to post this. Gave us all a chance today to look at film of yesterday's weather and analyze our mistakes before turning our attention to next week.

I'm looking forward to a good week of practice being in different kinds of weather so we're ready on Saturday.

I know I have lots of ways to get better at being in weather. I think all the guys feel the same way. We are really, really close.

Last edited:
5kgjra.jpg

6PM kickoff in East Lansing.

As many of you likely know, the weather pattern is going to be changing dramatically this week. A strong cold front in the early-week period will bring an end to late-summer weather just in time for the first day of autumn (which starts on Wednesday).

I've had to forecast hot temperatures for the first four games of the season. That won't be the case at all for next Saturday's game against Michigan State.

Currently seeing high temperatures in the 60s Saturday afternoon -- but with this being an evening kickoff, temperatures for the game itself will be mostly in the 50s!

Of greater challenge with the forecast are the rain chances. The models have about a 50/50 split if there will be rain over the state of Michigan on Saturday or if it will be dry. For now, just a mention of a rain chance -- and I'll fine tune that in a couple days.

At this point, wind doesn't look strong, but that too will need more detailing as the week progresses.

The one certainty is that this will be a game that finally has a fall feel associated -- football weather!
Thanks again HWM.As always,your efforts are appreciated.Keep the faith.GBR.

Thank you, looks like the local Lansing tv stations are calling for scattered morning showers? clearing in the afternoon? might be a slippery pigskin for two teams that have done a good job offensively of holding onto the ball.

Thank you, looks like the local Lansing tv stations are calling for scattered morning showers? clearing in the afternoon? might be a slippery pigskin for two teams that have done a good job offensively of holding onto the ball.

I know they have to put something out there for a forecast.

I can say it's no less clear on rain, daytime rain, nighttime rain, or no rain.

There's at least two models that have rain during the game. But some models have nothing at all -- all day.

I'll see what the models look like later today.

Wednesday PM Update

Not much change from the initial forecast.

Still can't rule out some light rain, but the chances are decreasing. Still worth monitoring and updating later in the week. I don't typically give rain chances as probabilities -- but it's less than 50%.

The main weather theme for Saturday evening in East Lansing will be the cool temperatures.

Kickoff temperature will be around 60 -- maybe a tad warmer.

Most of the game will be played with temperatures in the 50s.

Could see a bit of wind (15 MPH range) to start, but should decrease as the game progresses.

I'll update again on Friday.

Wednesday PM Update

Not much change from the initial forecast.

Still can't rule out some light rain, but the chances are decreasing. Still worth monitoring and updating later in the week. I don't typically give rain chances as probabilities -- but it's less than 50%.

The main weather theme for Saturday evening in East Lansing will be the cool temperatures.

Kickoff temperature will be around 60 -- maybe a tad warmer.

Most of the game will be played with temperatures in the 50s.

Could see a bit of wind (15 MPH range) to start, but should decrease as the game progresses.

I'll update again on Friday.
WILX agrees,,,sort of at this moment. Thanks for keeping updates. Can you give a forecast for any college game in southern florida? Oh wait, hot, muggy, with 60% chance of rain

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back