• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Charlie Watts has died

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Keith and Mick have said many times over the years the one indispensable Stone was Charlie

A GREAT drummer who brought a jazz style to the Stones and rarely listened to rock n roll but had various jazz side projects

Huge loss for the band and music

Charlie Watts was a most incredible drummer and from those that knew him a gentleman's gentleman. Charlie was instrumental in help keeping the peace between Mick & Keith during their many squabbles and has been called the backbone of the band during the band's long and storied career. His contributions to the Rolling Stones and the music he gave to us fans will last for lifetimes. RIP Charlie Watts.

Charlie Watts was a most incredible drummer and from those that knew him a gentleman's gentleman. Charlie was instrumental in help keeping the peace between Mick & Keith during their many squabbles and has been called the backbone of the band during the band's long and storied career. His contributions to the Rolling Stones and the music he gave to us fans will last for lifetimes. RIP Charlie Watts.

Have a long time friend Rob Lamothe in the music business who sent me a very simple e-mail

"Cheers To Charlie. Absolute Badass"

Rob is also a gentlemen's gentlemen so what he wrote resonates

Great great musician RIP

Love this song..... Look at the bold in the lyrics.

Lyrics
When I was a boy,
I thought it just came to ya'
But I never could tell what's mine
So it didn't matter anyway
My only pride and joy
Was this racket down here
Bangin' on an old guitar
And singin' what I had to say
I always thought our house was haunted
But nobody said boo to me
I never did get what I wanted
Now I get what I need
It's been a slow turnin'
From the inside out
A slow turnin'
But you come about
Slow learnin'
But you learn to sway
A slow turnin' baby
Not fade away
Now I'm in my car
I got the radio on
I'm yellin' at the kids in the back seat
'Cause they're bangin' like Charlie Watts

You think you've come so far
In this one horse town
Then she's laughin' that crazy laugh
'Cause you haven't left the parkin' lot
Time is short and here's the damn thing about it
You're gonna die, gonna die for sure
And you can learn to life with love or without it
But there ain't no cure
There's just a slow turnin'
From the inside out
A slow turnin'
But you come about
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: John Hiatt
Slow Turning lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

Last edited:

Sad news, and a huge loss to music.

Given the fact that Charlie is dead and Keith is still alive, that doesn't really say much for the benefits of clean living.:Cautious:

Anyone going to see the Stones? I have been holding tix for 2 years…so stoked. STL next weekend then LA and Vegas. Last chance to see them in the US…forever.

Anyone going to see the Stones? I have been holding tix for 2 years…so stoked. STL next weekend then LA and Vegas. Last chance to see them in the US…forever.
Yep. Will see them in Pittsburg. Probably would stay away but for “this could be the last time, may be the last time . . .” I imagine they will do something in Charlie’s memory.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back