• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Michigan State Opens as 3 Point Favorite (Home Field Advantage)

Sparty fans on their thread think this is the same Nebraska team from last year, the one that constantly turns the ball over, the one that can't move the ball, the one with no defense. I hope we go in there with the same mindset as OU and blow them out. If our offense can keep moving the ball like we have been, I think it's possible. MSU does not have the offense that OU does, but they do have a very good run game, so we need to force their QB to win the game for them.
Why wouldn't they? Many of our fans feel the same way.

I think the difference is this year the team believes they should win. Instead of looking over their shoulders for ways to lose. Our D is for real. This will be a great game.

I’m quite aware and have made it known how I feel about the mistakes and miscues. It’s a pattern. To me, it just felt a bit different Saturday. The kicking problem is a mystery. Seemed to have fixed the kickoff issue, but now the all BIG kicker from last season has disappeared, and XP and FG are a serious wild card now. Those things cost you games, as it did Saturday. It just seemed like there was more attitude, passion and pride Saturday. Like, we aren’t going to be shoved around anymore. I don’t know man, maybe it’s wishful thinking, but it seemed noticeably different last Saturday.
You might be correct and we all hope you are. But I don't know, it seems like we have "seen this movie before." Ohio State in 2018, Maryland in 2019, Penn State in 2020. One step forward, then one step back. The game this Saturday will tell us a lot.

You might be correct and we all hope you are. But I don't know, it seems like we have "seen this movie before." Ohio State in 2018, Maryland in 2019, Penn State in 2020. One step forward, then one step back. The game this Saturday will tell us a lot.
I agree.

Unfortunately the team is running out of realistic pathways to a .500 season. This game might be for Frost's career.

Before the season began, I was counting this one as a W to help us get to the grand total of 6 wins. Now I'm not so sure; they played a couple of good games and are better than I thought they would be. I'm not yet convinced we are, but one can hope.

Away night games are difficult, and I think their fan base is all jacked up. It will probably be loud, and if they get ahead early, it will be very difficult.

As for points, etc., I don't have a clue so I just watch the Vegas odds. Now at around 5.

Our secret weapon is that we are to MSU as NW is to us - play better against them than we should.

Per bolded, we actually had 1/2 of our penalties on our 1st drive. The other 4 came in the rest of the game. Cam's 2nd 15 yarder was real ticky-tacky as he pushed the guy he destroyed right at the whistle.

Might I add that I do not believe penalties stalled a single drive (there may have been one drive stalled but not important enough for me to do the research). Now I am not saying that we don't need to clean them up but it bewilders me when I see people say that penalties costed us that game. Yes, I understand more plays were needed but we were not halted by penalties.

Before the season began, I was counting this one as a W to help us get to the grand total of 6 wins. Now I'm not so sure; they played a couple of good games and are better than I thought they would be. I'm not yet convinced we are, but one can hope.

Away night games are difficult, and I think their fan base is all jacked up. It will probably be loud, and if they get ahead early, it will be very difficult.

As for points, etc., I don't have a clue so I just watch the Vegas odds. Now at around 5.

Our secret weapon is that we are to MSU as NW is to us - play better against them than we should.

Dont let the win against Miami and Northwestern fool you. Miami is a shell of themselves and if it werent for the mighty Sycamores of Indiana St Northwestern would be winless. Mich St. also played the mighty Penguins who are downright abysmal.

On our side, Illinois was a horrible loss no questions. After that I would say that Nebraska's schedule was superior to Michigan St. It is definitely an interesting game with a lot of useless comparisons but it really comes down to stopping their running game. If we do that it is a comfortable win.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back