• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Video Analysis: Joe Klatt Likes Where Nebraska Is Headed

Ted Carter retweeting that suggests at this point the admin is still trying to be patient and clearly hasn't made any even provisional decisions yet, which is what I expected.

That's useful to know when coming across writers claiming or implying that some decision has already been made, like the "...many feel" dufus from SI quoted on here last week.

Still, Frost is going to have to get some wins and look at the end of the year like there's been substantial progress. I don't know for sure how many, but I think the actual number will matter less than if it looks like progress.

Good to hear this from an independent view.
Patience.
Things that come easy, don't last. Things that last, don't come easy.
Good to see the foundational improvements in the entire program (maybe not special teams yet)
We may not be the best team at the end of the season, but we will be the most improved team....and that's a positive step to returning to the best team.

I love Klatt's view on this. Not only 28 points but probably about 16 specific plays. It is frustrating and maddening, but we are so close and we are hard on coaches and players instead of encouraging them. I know cynicism is warranted but momentum and confidence are a big part of the game. Hoping for wins as they cure all.

If we had won Saturday, DJ Graham, instead of a "play of the day hero" would be buried for his stupid play intercepting at the 3. Their kickoff returner would be run out of down for booting a kickoff out of bounds at the 8 when it was going to go out and give them the ball at the 35. Everyone does stupid things. Even great, well coached teams. I pointed out in the Ohio State - Minnesota game while their coaches were being lauded and Frost ripped, that Minnesota allowed a strip sack and score and Ohio State had a roughing penalty negate a key interception just like we did at Illinois. It is not so black and white. I know we have a greater share of key mistakes keeping us from breaking through, but I do see improvement. Perfection is probably not out there though.

We have to get better at minimizing mistakes that are causing us to come up short and we could use some at least approaching even officiating. MSU is very good and it is going to be tough night game on the road this week against #20, but we are capable and maybe we finally break through. Hoping for it.

Ted Carter retweeting that suggests at this point the admin is still trying to be patient and clearly hasn't made any even provisional decisions yet, which is what I expected.

That's useful to know when coming across writers claiming or implying that some decision has already been made, like the "...many feel" dufus from SI quoted on here last week.

Still, Frost is going to have to get some wins and look at the end of the year like there's been substantial progress. I don't know for sure how many, but I think the actual number will matter less than if it looks like progress.
It seems to me that when the president of the university is retweeting it means he’s attempting to disguise what really is going on. Like putting together a economical exit plan on a 20 million dollar buy out.

It seems to me that when the president of the university is retweeting it means he’s attempting to disguise what really is going on. Like putting together a economical exit plan on a 20 million dollar buy out.
There may have been some talk about what ifs, but if they were actually planning something he would simply not tweet. He's the President of the University. He doesn't even have to weigh in.

Pretty sure everything will depend on how the rest of the seasin goes.

Last edited:

Are you nuts? Or did you not watch the game on Saturday? Seems the president sees some promise and agrees with Klatt. Or maybe I am reading the tea leaves wrong?...

I'll be encouraged as soon as there is notable improvement in discipline and details.

As is pointed out by Klatt, this game was lost by poor Special Teams play ... an ongoing struggle that Frost has yet to fix. Penalties and O-line are the other areas that I'm anxious to see Frost correct post haste.

Rob Zatechka had some very pointed comments (during his latest podcast) about the O-line play and Frost's scheme... very interesting and concerning at the same time.

So, while we may be "this close" and I truly hope that we are able to finally get past "this close" ... I'm concerned that the problems that have kept us "this close" are not new problems... thus we've heard that we're "this close" for a while now.

My hope is that Alberts will help Frost find the key(s) to eliminating those oh so familiar barriers that have kept us "this close" for so long.

Let's go make MSU our first evidence of getting past "this close"!! GBR!!!

Last edited:
Are you nuts? Or did you not watch the game on Saturday? Seems the president sees some promise and agrees with Klatt. Or maybe I am reading the tea leaves wrong?...
I did watch the game and we made the same mistakes that we always make and lost a game that we should have won like we always do. I watched a team that has all the talent in the world but we don’t have a coaching staff to put it together. It makes sense for Ted to retweet his preferred narrative. We now have a president of the university in the conversations on a so called moral victory. What he needs to tweet about is the formation of the search committee

I did watch the game and we made the same mistakes that we always make and lost a game that we should have won like we always do. I watched a team that has all the talent in the world but we don’t have a coaching staff to put it together. It makes sense for Ted to retweet his preferred narrative. We now have a president of the university in the conversations on a so called moral victory. What he needs to tweet about is the formation of the search committee
Are you a fan of Nebraska football? If so, enjoy the season one game at a time. Lot of football left. If not, take your attitude elsewhere. Firing the coach and starting over will put the Huskers closer to football purgatory.

I was upset as anyone after the debacle with IL! Having said that anyone that can't see some progress either isn't watching the Huskers, doesn't know football or simply refuses to give some credit to this team. Now that progress MUST start producing W's or it really means almost nothing imo.

I'm really interested to see how we play this weekend after that great effort against OU? We have plenty of talent to beat MSU imo, but have to ask what team will we see Saturday night? Bottom line this game is an excellent barometer to measure is there consistent progress or simply a single good game.

Last edited:

Did someone leave the lid off the model glue? I think there is evidence based on some of the activity on a keyboard.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back