• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Michigan State Opens as 3 Point Favorite (Home Field Advantage)

Stop the run and we will crush MSU. They run with any success and it could be a long day. Conversely we absolutely have to establish a run game and own both lines of scrimmage. If we play like last Saturday we should win even with our special ed teams.

Not surprised by the line.

For some reason we have Sparty's number. I do not understand it but whatever.

The CU loss with Tucker as coach was a fluke. Plus an injured Martinez. Our defense is better now.

I think NU gets a bounce with the OU game. I think we win. We cannot take a step back. Frost has a legitimate chance to beat a ranked team. Best chance since OSU 3 years ago We must capitalize here and seize momentum.

The CU loss with Tucker as coach was a fluke. Plus an injured Martinez. Our defense is better now.

I think NU gets a bounce with the OU game. I think we win. We cannot take a step back. Frost has a legitimate chance to beat a ranked team. Best chance since OSU 3 years ago We must capitalize here and seize momentum.

I think that was the year before in Lincoln. Mel's team beat us in Boulder when we blew a huge lead, i think they scored 24 points in the 4th quarter and then beat us in OT.

He had a legitimate chance yesterday. In fact, should have won the game.

We have no decent special teams play and that is a very big part of close games. We have not been disciplined on avoiding penalties. That also is a very big part of close games.

Finally, I remain skeptical about the durability and skills of AM and behind him, we have only projects.

When that is added to a problem in getting short yardage plays when necessary, it's hard to see beating what looked to me like a well disciplined, skilled MSU team.

Clearly Vegas doesn't share my concerns or they know more about MSU (and probably u of Miami) than I do -- probably both.

I came away from the OU game thinking we did not play the 3d best team in college football yesterday. Husker in Oklahoma had been saying they were beatable for some time. I tend now to agree with him. Don't know who wins the BIG 12, but could easily see someone other than OU.

On a further comment about NU,however, I thought the job Buffalo did yesterday surprised me and makes our win against them look even better.
Peoples attempts to increase our blemishes while ignoring others is hilarious. So our penaltirs show we are undisciplined? MSU averages more penalties for more yards than us. Yet you think they are well disciplined. Lol go look at the stat comparison on the main page.

Peoples attempts to increase our blemishes while ignoring others is hilarious. So our penaltirs show we are undisciplined? MSU averages more penalties for more yards than us. Yet you think they are well disciplined. Lol go look at the stat comparison on the main page.
Has MSU had more penalties for 3 years tho? That’s where our fans are coming from. Of course every team has penalties. But good teams, in good games have the fewest usually. That’s where we need to be.

No
I think that was the year before in Lincoln. Mel's team beat us in Boulder when we blew a huge lead, i think they scored 24 points in the 4th quarter and the

I think that was the year before in Lincoln. Mel's team beat us in Boulder when we blew a huge lead, i think they scored 24 points in the 4th quarter and then beat us in OT.

The year in Lincoln before was where they used his knee as a pretzel.

I seem to recall he was banged up as well at sCUm. Could be wrong.

Elevation and the crappy sCUm field will not be a factor here. No matter I think we beat them. Take a look at Sparty's opponents. Miami barely beat an average App State team and got destroyed by Bama. NW is a mess. YSU? Pfft

This is a team I think we should beat.

Last edited:
He had a legitimate chance yesterday. In fact, should have won the game.

Hmmmm. Not saying I disagree but we were not close to scoring at the end. They also missed a FG.

Sparty is nowhere near as good as Oh Ewe. Honestly I am laughing at how people are saying Oh Ewe is overrated. Let's see how overrated they are when they play Iowa St and Texa$

Hmmmm. Not saying I disagree but we were not close to scoring at the end. They also missed a FG.

Sparty is nowhere near as good as Oh Ewe. Honestly I am laughing at how people are saying Oh Ewe is overrated. Let's see how overrated they are when they play Iowa St and Texa$
But Iowa St and Texas aren’t top 10 are they? OU usually gets smoked when they get in the playoffs. Every year. OU is the best in the Big 12—but they aren’t a number 3 team. I think Iowa would beat them, honestly.

That's not actually how Vegas thinks at all. It's a very common misconception.

Vegas doesn't think (or care at all) about who is going to win by how much. Their thought process is who is going to bet on which team and for how much money. Their goal is to get people to bet equally on both teams.

What it tells me is that Vegas knows Husker fans are suckers for betting on their team especially after a huge moral victory. Vegas is counting on Husker fans to bet on NU and the other gamblers to take MSU. That's my guess anyway.
This is correct. People, in general, seem to put a lot of stock into Vegas lines. Look, I can't say it more clearly, Vegas lines have nothing to do with who Vegas thinks will win. When you learn that simple principle, you'll never bet your own money again.

But Iowa St and Texas aren’t top 10 are they? OU usually gets smoked when they get in the playoffs. Every year. OU is the best in the Big 12—but they aren’t a number 3 team. I think Iowa would beat them, honestly.
Sadly they are the best the B12 has to offer.

Did Oh Ewe play that poorly because they are overrated or because the defense played well? We will see. I actually used the word Blackshirts yesterday. And felt good about it.

Vegas sets lines where they feel they can get equal action on both sides. They aren't gauging which team they think is better -- but rather what is the bettor sentiment.

It's not a matter of Vegas not being sold on Michigan State. They are in the business of making money off bettors.

FWIW, draft kings had a preseason line on the NU-MSU game with NU favored by 4. It's swung a touchdown in Michigan State's direction since.

Has MSU had more penalties for 3 years tho? That’s where our fans are coming from. Of course every team has penalties. But good teams, in good games have the fewest usually. That’s where we need to be.
Nice attrmpt to move the goal posts. Lol

I’m not sure how good anyone really is, yet. Alabama is probably still king for now. I think OU loses to someone. Maybe @Kansas State in two weeks? NU lost yesterday because of its kicking game, not the last drive. As for Sparty, I don’t know how good they are or aren’t, but so far, them and Michigan are playing as well as anyone in the BIG. Penn state has had some really good fortune so far.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back