• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Helmet cam

As a former qb I found this video gives some fans a different view than the above view the tv cameras give you. It helps explain some fans criticisms of Martinez not always seeing wide open receivers. It is highly likely that many times lineman are blocking the line of sight.

Especially since we've got a handful over 6'5".

On a side note, it seems the last few years the camera work in general has gotten worse. Rarely can I see enough of the field to accurately say who's doing what and why. I don't know if that's a function of us not getting the 'A' broadcast teams anymore or a shift in camera position/coordination theory.

On a side note, it seems the last few years the camera work in general has gotten worse. Rarely can I see enough of the field to accurately say who's doing what and why. I don't know if that's a function of us not getting the 'A' broadcast teams anymore or a shift in camera position/coordination theory.

I agree. I would love to see an angle of all 22 players on field. Almost like game tape view.

You’d think, with the use of high tech drones, you could get some bad ass footage? Use to be the wire, with the camera moving along. Still is I think. But with a serious drone(s), I’d sure think that would be awesome on the regular.

You’d think, with the use of high tech drones, you could get some bad ass footage? Use to be the wire, with the camera moving along. Still is I think. But with a serious drone(s), I’d sure think that would be awesome on the regular.
I think the prospect of a crashing drone might be what prevents the usage. Just thinking out loud

I agree. I would love to see an angle of all 22 players on field. Almost like game tape view.

I know some of it is the speed of the game now. We don't seem to see nearly as many replays as we used to and that's primarily a function of the short timeframe between snaps. I don't necessarily need to see all 22 at once, but it seems like they're chopping half the occupied playing field off when they're selecting fields of focus.

OU is marquee still and I'll be interested to see if there is a noticeable difference in production quality and camera work. I suspect the answer will be yes.

Other than big bowl games and pro games, I don't think I've seen the overhead wire camera much of late.

Maybe I've just missed it.

I am getting older.

Other than big bowl games and pro games, I don't think I've seen the overhead wire camera much of late.

Maybe I've just missed it.

I am getting older.
There is a camera I see once in a while during an NBA game that follows the players up the court. It’s way cool. They don’t use it often enough. It’s like floor view. Super slick. Definitely an angle that’s different for the viewer.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back