• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

"Nebraska, please show up"

BigRedOhio

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
David Pollack (ESPN) when asked about the Oklahoma/Nebraska game said this: "Nebraska, please show up"

While I am not an ESPN fan, I have to agree with him. So tired of Nebraska getting embarrassed and playing bad football on national television.

Last edited:

David Pollack (ESPN) when asked about the Oklahoma/Nebraska game: "Nebraska, please show up"

While I am not an ESPN fan, I have to agree with him. So tired of Nebraska getting embarrassed and playing bad football on national television.
I'd argue we showed up last year to the OSU game, although we folded like a cheap tent shortly before halftime.

We’ll show up.

My hope is when it’s over, regardless of the outcome, everyone can say ‘That was a great game’.
That’s what we all have been waiting for. When is the last time, besides Ohio State 2018, that Nebraska showed out for a big game? Damn near every one of them have ended bad, ugly, lopsided. I can handle a loss, no problem, but getting mutilated is no fun whatsoever and that’s what’s been happening. Just fight and give yourself a chance. I think Nebraska has the ability to compete with just about anyone. Not getting embarrassed is a good place to start.

Last edited:
Yet another blowout loss on the big stage. You get back by pushing these type of games to the end. If you continue to waller in the abyss in games like this, you become Kansas, eventually.
My point was that it wasn't a blowout until midway through the 2nd quarter when we shot ourselves in the foot, again, and then nose dived off a cliff after halftime. We were very much in that game for 20-25 minutes.

Showing up isn't the issue IMO. It's bringing that same intensity and motivation back out of the locker room after halftime.

If it was another team, one that didn't have an "N" on the helmet, OU would be overlooking this game. I mean this is a team that lost to a very poor P5 program.

But OU won't be overlooking NU. I suspect there is lots of locker room stuff in Norman, including NU trying to get out the game. I look for OU to come out so pumped to hang a hundred on NU, that they may be too hyped.

I look for this to be one of the ugly Saturdays in our history. Will it match Lubbock 2004? I think the odds of that are greater than us keeping it close, for certain. Like it could get really bad. But hope springs eternal. Maybe we go down, jump out in front early, and fight it out for a while. I don't see Nebraska winning in any scenario, though it would be glorious. My son will be at the game. He attends OSU in Stillwater but hasn't seen the Huskers in years.

Go Big Red. I mean, the Red from Nebraska. :)

Last edited:
My point was that it wasn't a blowout until midway through the 2nd quarter when we shot ourselves in the foot, again, and then nose dived off a cliff after halftime. We were very much in that game for 20-25 minutes.

Showing up isn't the issue IMO. It's bringing that same intensity and motivation back out of the locker room after halftime.
Yes. I got what you said. I agree. Flashes shown, but then, you get punched in the face with one blow and are down for the count and don’t get back up. The minute something bad happens, that’s usually it. Have to change that. Bad things happen, even to good teams. How you respond is key. Nebraska rarely responds.

If it was another team, one that didn't have an "N" on the helmet, OU would be overlooking this game. I mean this is a team that lost to a very poor P5 program.

But OU won't be overlooking NU. I suspect there is lots of locker room stuff in Norman, including NU trying to get out the game. I look for OU to come out so pumped to hang a hundred on NU, that they may be too hyped.

I look for this to be one of the ugly Saturdays in our history. Will it match Lubbock 2004? I think the odds of that are greater than us keeping it close, for certain. Like it could get really bad. But hope springs eternal. Maybe we go down, jump out in front early, and fight it out for a while. I don't see Nebraska winning in any scenario, though it would be glorious. My son will be at the game. He attends OSU in Stillwater but hasn't seen the Huskers in years.

Go Big Red. I mean, the Red from Nebraska. :)
I don't think OU is overlooking anyone this year. They currently have one ranked team on their schedule. If they're hoping for a playoff birth they need big quality wins in each of their games (especially against the bigger named programs). I'm not sure if OU is a top five team this year or not, but how they handle business this year will dictate their destiny. I hope for a competitive game. GBR!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back