• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stoops likes Frost

If anything has been proven these past three years… just because you are successful at a small school does not equate to success at a power 5 school. Luke fickle is great, but just because he found success at Cincinnati doesn’t mean he will be successful at USC. There are dozens of examples over the last 5 years that prove that.
One needs to look no further than Lincoln.

He also said he was watching from afar, so he could be way off...

Clearly there has been some dysfunction in the past. I believe the proper administration is now in place, especially with Trev as AD. Also there's a clear change in demeanor with HCSF. I could be wrong, but it almost seems like he's responding like he did after the boos in '96. His sense of humor is stifled, he's not saying much, he's just keeping his nose to the grindstone.
Neuheisel said the same thing before the season started. Hopefully TA can clean house.

Stoops isn’t coming out of retirement to coach us.
I agree completely.

Also, I'm not so sure Fickell is going to U$C. I don't think he really liked working for Bohn at Cincinnati. A name I heard today is Eric Bieniemy. He has said in the past that one of the only college programs he would ever consider is U$C. And maybe he is tired of getting passed over for head coaching jobs in the NFL.

I agree completely.

Also, I'm not so sure Fickell is going to U$C. I don't think he really liked working for Bohn at Cincinnati. A name I heard today is Eric Bieniemy. He has said in the past that one of the only college programs he would ever consider is U$C. And maybe he is tired of getting passed over for head coaching jobs in the NFL.

Stoops likes Frost and....

I LOVE LAMP - Anchorman Brick - quickmeme

C

If I remember right, Urban Meyer (Utah) turned down NU job just after Solich was fired. I suppose UM waiting for greener pasture (Florida)

Speaking of Florida, Bob Stoops was a defensive coordinator coach in 1996 (62-24 Fiesta Bowl)
Nope. Bob went to Florida for the 1996 season. He was at Kansas State in 1995 as their DC.

Would love to see USC get back to the Top 10.
Why? USC, Texas, FSU, all have the same or better resources than Nebraska. They especially have better access to players. Yet they still stumble and can't meet the expectations of their fans. It just shows that it is a lot harder than we think it is.

I couldn't care less if USC ever makes the top 10 again.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back