• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Oliver Martin listed as #1 on PR depth chart

Martin also hasn't played in 2 weeks. If he's got a bad wheel PR might not be the best use of him. Moral of the story? I wouldn't put a ton of weight on the published depth chart.

Oliver Martin's been 1st option BUT was hurt against Illinois. Was he listed last week?

I see what you did there.

SafePoisedBat-size_restricted.gif

We need a burner back there that can take it to the house. Of course, we have struggled with the basics of catching the ball, but we really do need a homerun hitter back there. I'm for Nixon or A. Brown.

We need a burner back there that can take it to the house. Of course, we have struggled with the basics of catching the ball, but we really do need a homerun hitter back there. I'm for Nixon or A. Brown.

Agreed but first priority is finding someone who knows their responsibilities toward fielding the ball and when to tell the team to GTFO of the way. We also had multiple NFL level kickers in Bo's era and we've been absolutely awful since. Makes no sense to me why it isn't a priority for this coaching staff.

Last edited:
I'd love a Tim Dwight. A guy who reliably fields it, and goes aggressively straight forward with no hesitation. Gets 8-12 yards when a juker would get 4-6. Still takes it to the house more than most out of basic aggression.

Rare in the modern game, everyone's trying to be Devin Hester's highlight reel.

Kamonte Grimes (Fr) was rumored to be a really fast punt returner, but I don't know if they are ready for him to be playing yet -- they might want to redshirt him. I haven't looked to see if he's participated yet.

Brown did not look good at kick off returns last year at all IMO

Agreed but first priority is finding someone who knows their responsibilities toward fielding the ball and when to tell the team to GTFO of the way. We also had multiple NFL level kickers in Bo's era and we've been absolutely awful since. Makes no sense to me why it isn't a priority for this coaching staff.

I would say, considering all of the kickers they brought in after last season, that the staff is absolutely making the kicking game a priority.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back