• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fordham Week Practice Thread: 2 September Coach Frost

That was John Wooden's approach, as well. We don't prepare for other teams. We perfect what we do and force them to prepare.
Exactly. If we spend so much time trying to counter some scheme then we are no better than a C level team or the teams that Nebraska used to beat up on. Any coach worth his salt should know this. In fact, this was effectively what we lost to last week. I would rather have 15 to 20 plays we can run in our sleep than 200 plays to counter another team.

Oh heavens no, please keep Oliver Martin or another punt returner back there. CTB, while a great athlete and defensive back is a liability football IQ-wise. We've seen it before against Iowa and also with critical penalties. I've been watching this movie for 7 years and am terrified with him back there in such a critical spot. I can't tell you how many poor decisions I've seen from him since his high school days. And his post-game actions? That's not captain leadership.

I can't read his mind so I won't assign selfishness as the reason. But rules are there for a reason, and even though you can bend them ["I'll catch this one at the 9, even though 10 is the limit"], catching it at the 1 is no-go, every time.
Football IQ is lacking.

Does he think that makes us feel better about our punt return options? So the guy who made the second biggest error in the game was the first one out there again? How about saying what every other quality coach would say. The competition is open this week and we have to trust our punt returner so the spot will be earned.
So with special teams
One error means you open the spot up and tell the team you don't trust him
I don't remember TO demoted guys for one error
Chill out

So with special teams
Chill out
Agreed. Also do you think anyone feels worse than CTB about his stupidity last Saturday?

When Osborn was the coach we practiced what we did so well, that it was largely irrelevant what the other team did. We were good at what we did. If he needs precise game planning to win games, he is not a good enough coach, and his scheme and system does not work. He should be able to have production regardless of what the other team does.
Yep, it is a classic mistake by a young coach. Over-coaching to the point where it hurts what you trying to do.

So with special teams
Chill out
It was an egregious error that was made by a senior leader. It was an extraordinary lack of discipline. Of course, he deserves another shot, but he has to feel the pain of what he did. I wouldn't put him back there until they play Buffalo.

Last edited:

Why didn’t they make sure Cam was ready before the game? They had plenty of time.
Ready? The assumption that he wasn’t aware of when he should or shouldn’t field a punt is idiotic. I’m mean let’s be honest, 90% of we posters couldn’t be on a practice squad in our prime, but we know the rules regarding punts. He had a brain fart, not a lack of knowledge. Give it a rest.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back