• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 Official and Unofficial Visits (OV Visits List In OP) & Camps

He was such a monster. Still have nightmares watching him in the 2!d half of the 91 game in Lincoln

My dad and I were at that game. First out of state game I'd been to and the reason I follow Nebraska to this day. My old man is a Washington alum and a die hard Husky fan. He has a ton of respect for the Huskers due to our experience at that game. He will still bring up how the fans applauded the Huskies after the game. Totally blew him away.

My dad and I were at that game. First out of state game I'd been to and the reason I follow Nebraska to this day. My old man is a Washington alum and a die hard Husky fan. He has a ton of respect for the Huskers due to our experience at that game. He will still bring up how the fans applauded the Huskies after the game. Totally blew him away.

It was a great game for 2.5 quarters. I still think that Washington would have beat Miami that year.

Did you look at the guys we missed on last year? There were several before we got a commitment. We also landed a 5* in the portal, and we have a pretty deep room. My point is, if a guy is highly rated, he may not want to wait a couple of years. We might be looking at a couple of high 3* guys who come in more willing to be patient and develop. We still have time to take swings at the higher rated, especially since this wasn’t a normal summer for campus visits.
And dont think the portal doesnt change your recruiting going forwards.
Anytime you get an instant starter/starting rotation guy that has at least one more year of eligibility that it doesnt effect you recruiting.
Developing guys , transfer portal and pleasant surprises all effect recruiting with the portal potentially making a huge impact all on its own.
Great post btw

I agree. That '91 team was the best team I ever saw in my lifetime until the '95 Huskers. That defense was fun to watch.

I always remember how deep they were. Maybe Miami had superior talent at certain positions, but the depth of that Washington team was amazing. Hobert AND Brunell at QB, Beno Bryant was a good RB, but Kaufman was better imo. Lincoln Kennedy on the OL, Mario Bailey at WR. Everyone remembers Emtman, but they forget about D'Marco Farr, Walter Bailey, and Dana Hall.
Just a loaded, loaded team.

DB board getting real thin. On one hand, if there's one coach you trust to get his guys, it's Fisher. On the other hand, he hasn't been immune to having his guys transfer and history has shown us that being forced into fall evaluations and offering guys late usually leads to either transfers or misses. Not a good scenario when you need probably three guys in this class.

DB board getting real thin. On one hand, if there's one coach you trust to get his guys, it's Fisher. On the other hand, he hasn't been immune to having his guys transfer and history has shown us that being forced into fall evaluations and offering guys late usually leads to either transfers or misses. Not a good scenario when you need probably three guys in this class.
Who do you see as the top couple priority remaining DB targets?

Who do you see as the top couple priority remaining DB targets?

If it were me, Quantaves Gaskins would be my No. 1 CB target at this point. They've seen him in person and they have a personal connection to his father.

I think they're trying to flip safety Malik Spencer from Michigan State. They're getting an OV from safety London Hall.

If it were me, Quantaves Gaskins would be my No. 1 CB target at this point. They've seen him in person and they have a personal connection to his father.

I think they're trying to flip safety Malik Spencer from Michigan State. They're getting an OV from safety London Hall.
I was under the impression that Gaskins was a higher priority target than some (not all) of these other guys (implications from a variety of sources, nothing concrete), and his later commitment date might have put Nebraska in a spot where they needed to choose between a lower priority now, or a chance on a higher priority later.

Either way, him being at the top of the board now seems pretty logical.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back