• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jays Win 3-2 In Front Of 8,200???

Husker Eponymous

Scout Team
10 Year Member
8,200 watched the Jays take down second place SMS, this leaves CU one win from the MVC regular season title.

8,200, not to shabby for a Thursday noon game, actually, very shocking to get that many.

Kudos to Ed Servais who had a few holes to fill after losing a few key players from last season, he is now in position to clinch the MVC title (MVC is 9th in RPI, Big 10 is 17th)

I've always liked Servais, he is a no nonsense baseball guy. Not a lot of gray areas with Ed, its either black or white.

New park is probably as great or greater attraction than the baseball game. Anyone know what CU charges for admission at the new park?

New park is probably as great or greater attraction than the baseball game. Anyone know what CU charges for admission at the new park?

Just checked their website...$6 for kids and $10 for adults. I'm guessing today was some sort of promotion.

Was that tickets sold, or actual people in attendance? The attendance at Nebraska's first game at the new stadium was listed as a sellout, but I would be surprised if there were more than 2,000 people who actually witnessed the game.

Last edited:
2,000 for a Thursday day game against SMS , and Nebraska is getting 2,000 for a Friday night game versus a conference opponent.

Hmmm....

Don't know about this game but CU has been giving away A LOT of tickets in packs of 6 to youth baseball teams all over town. I wounder today how many downtown people went into the stadium for an inning to just see the facilities. Eather way. Pack um In!!!!

No kids in your baseball myself but I have had three opertunities for free tickets to see CU in the new stadium myself. Not taken advantage of them though.

Last edited:

Was that tickets sold, or actual people in attendance? The attendance at Nebraska's first game at the new stadium was listed as a sellout, but I would be surprised if there were more than 2,000 people who actually witnessed the game.

Are you talking about NU's first game at TD Ameritrade?

Actual turnstile at NU's first game: 18,700

Great marketing by CU: give away or discount the tix, and show people the facilities and product (you may recognize this stragy from the Qwest Center when it opened)

Todays game clicked off at 2:30, the Jays brand of quick, defensive baseball is certainly appealing...

So the Jays will be in the playoffs (on the way to the CWS) and the Huskers will not. I guess since we can't play in the MVC we might as well play in the B10.

Are you talking about NU's first game at TD Ameritrade?

Yes. According to FC, Creighton is claiming the actual attendance was 18,700. I don't know where all those people were, but they weren't in the stands. 2,000 is much closer to the actual attendance.

Yes. According to FC, Creighton is claiming the actual attendance was 18,700. I don't know where all those people were, but they weren't in the stands. 2,000 is much closer to the actual attendance.

:confused: you might wanna have your eyes checked.

http://www.gocreighton.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=89375&SPID=78&DB_OEM_ID=1000&ATCLID=205139478

Video looking toward the outfield and it's QUITE obvious your claim of "2,000" is silly.

http://dataomaha.com/panorama/TD-Ameritrade-Park

Seriously, man...2,000 people?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back