• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What Trev Alberts had to say about Frost and staff a year ago

Precisely because Trev and Scott trust each other and both want NU to improve markedly--when that doesn't happen, Trev will have that "difficult conversation" with Scott about, "stepping down and taking one for the team/Husker nation." Trev, because he has and will continue to gain credentials from the "never Trev naysayers," will be given "cred" when the time comes in 1-2 years to say "adios" to HCSF--a day that I hope that never happens but when it does, I will accept it wholeheartedly.

I think I said it in different Trev Alberts thread. Not saying this to be negative or positive, but the hire of TA tells me where administration is at with Scott. Trev is a good hire, but not the guy you bring in if the plan is to fire Scott.
I disagree. I think Trev was a good choice if you was thinking maybe frost might need to go but didn’t want to bring it to the forefront right away. This higher to me does just that. It reassures frost and everyone that trev is behind you yet it also shows that if he needs to go trev will do it.

If that was a main driver in the hire (not saying it was), why wouldn't they get an outsider with no ties to Husker football? I personally don't think Frost's status changed either way, but Trev being an ex-player from that era may make him less willing to pull the trigger.
It adds credibility to the firing process.
Trev is family. He gave his brother a fair shot.

It’s not the act of making the decision that I struggle with as it pertains to TA. I think it’s clear he has no problem making tough decisions. It’s the fact that he has no experience on a national level recruiting Power 5 CFB head coaches. I understand everyone can learn those things with time. But again, for the immediate future (the next 1 to probably 3 years), tells me they aren’t looking to fire Scott right away as many on this board (including myself) have speculated on.

TA will not fire a fellow Husker and Native son after his first year, that much I know. Smart thing on the Administratrive side because they can use the “TA is new and gaining trust with the coaches” excuse for a minimum of 2 years.
Didn't Trev bring in a nationally respect hockey coach to UNO?

If that was a main driver in the hire (not saying it was), why wouldn't they get an outsider with no ties to Husker football? I personally don't think Frost's status changed either way, but Trev being an ex-player from that era may make him less willing to pull the trigger.
I don't think there's a plan to fire him at all. I didn't mean to insinuate otherwise. I'm just saying I wouldn't take Trev's hiring as a sign that Frost has a longer leash. I still think 4 wins or less and he's gone. 5 likely stays. 6 or more stays for sure.

I disagree. I think Trev was a good choice if you was thinking maybe frost might need to go but didn’t want to bring it to the forefront right away. This higher to me does just that. It reassures frost and everyone that trev is behind you yet it also shows that if he needs to go trev will do it.
I stand by my posts. Regardless, the one thing I think we can all agree on is I want Scott to be successful so the issue of firing/finding a new coach is a moot point.

To me, this video clearly tells me why Moos was retired early, and why Trev was brought it. Now, will Trev stick to those guns.. I think so, time will tell IF Frost goes under 500 the next two years.

Yes, I think Frost will get at least two years from Trev, depending on how things go. You don't make comments about longevity then fire a coach after 1 year of being the new AD.

To me, this video clearly tells me why Moos was retired early, and why Trev was brought it. Now, will Trev stick to those guns.. I think so, time will tell IF Frost goes under 500 the next two years.

Yes, I think Frost will get at least two years from Trev, depending on how things go. You don't make comments about longevity then fire a coach after 1 year of being the new AD.
Yet he isn’t firing a coach in his first year as head coach so there is wiggle room on that come but at any rate I don’t see us having a losing season this year so he won’t even have to consider it. Having a winning season will quite the fire frost people just enough to get to another year with him as head coach. Who would of thought Riley would of destroyed a team so bad that it took four years just to finally get back to winning seasons.

I don't think there's a plan to fire him at all. I didn't mean to insinuate otherwise. I'm just saying I wouldn't take Trev's hiring as a sign that Frost has a longer leash. I still think 4 wins or less and he's gone. 5 likely stays. 6 or more stays for sure.
This is what I fill as well. I could see five wins not being enough but really don’t think we have to worry about that cause we get six wins or more and frost gets a little breathing room along with a better recruiting class cause of the winning season.

Yet he isn’t firing a coach in his first year as head coach so there is wiggle room on that come but at any rate I don’t see us having a losing season this year so he won’t even have to consider it. Having a winning season will quite the fire frost people just enough to get to another year with him as head coach. Who would of thought Riley would of destroyed a team so bad that it took four years just to finally get back to winning seasons.

I said first year as AD..

You don't make comments about longevity then fire a coach after 1 year of being the new AD.

I said first year as AD..

You don't make comments about longevity then fire a coach after 1 year of being the new AD.
And it’s not going back on longevity since frost has been here for four years. So it’s not taking away form longevity if he fires frost after this year

Precisely because Trev and Scott trust each other and both want NU to improve markedly--when that doesn't happen, Trev will have that "difficult conversation" with Scott about, "stepping down and taking one for the team/Husker nation." Trev, because he has and will continue to gain credentials from the "never Trev naysayers," will be given "cred" when the time comes in 1-2 years to say "adios" to HCSF--a day that I hope that never happens but when it does, I will accept it wholeheartedly.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm not sure you can pin all of it on Riley. I think if Scott was on this board he would admit as much. But that's a conversation for a different thread. :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back