• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Brand Value Rankings

Flusker

Recruit
2 Year Member
Can this be correct?? And how the heck is Iowa that high?

229113850_535644291193690_2900080287446073726_n.jpg

I have seen a bunch of Husker fans on Twitter beating their chests over this and how it's some great accomplishment. This is the kind of thing that is embarrassing. We are so irrelevant that we cling to any sign of strength or accomplishment, as silly as they might be.

Just embrace the fact that we are irrelevant. Put our heads down and do our part until we win meaningful games again. We look pathetic when we get all stoked about dumb crap like this.

Good grief people. Take a little time to read the metrics used for this ranking:

As an answer to this question on the collegiate side of the business, Navigate created the Brand Value Index by taking into account three primary variables:

1. Revenue per Fan – Total revenue reported by the athletic department divided up between the estimated number of fans across the country. This variable is used to take into account the passion levels of fans, especially when it comes to spending money to support their teams.
  2. Fan Base – Estimated number of fans across the country. Overall popularity is the main driver of this variable, which alone is a great indicator of brand equity as the reach is a result of the power of the brand over a long period of time.
  3. Fan Percent of State Population – Estimated number of fans divided by the total population of the state where the athletic department is located. The ability of a property to become the most popular in its own state and beyond proves the saturation level of the brand in the community.

Last edited:

Good grief people. Take a little time to read the metrics used for this ranking:

As an answer to this question on the collegiate side of the business, Navigate created the Brand Value Index by taking into account three primary variables:

1. Revenue per Fan – Total revenue reported by the athletic department divided up between the estimated number of fans across the country. This variable is used to take into account the passion levels of fans, especially when it comes to spending money to support their teams.
  2. Fan Base – Estimated number of fans across the country. Overall popularity is the main driver of this variable, which alone is a great indicator of brand equity as the reach is a result of the power of the brand over a long period of time.
  3. Fan Percent of State Population – Estimated number of fans divided by the total population of the state where the athletic department is located. The ability of a property to become the most popular in its own state and beyond proves the saturation level of the brand in the community.

Yep.

#1 and #3 work very much in Nebraska's favor. And also West Virginia.

It's obviously a very subjective calculation.

I'd suggest Notre Dame has fairly high brand value. But the metrics chosen by the author don't support that.

Exactly^^^^ criteria is why DONU is #1

Interesting to think about how this and NIL would influence a potential recruit’s decision.

If I’m a player with NIL on my mind, I (and my potential sponsors) might be more attracted to a Brand.. er uhm School… that has a strong and generous customer base.

It’s make$ good busine$$ $en$e.

Kinda sad even fans are talking about brands.
I look at it more as always, a pride thing
I too dont want to get all caught up in the money thing, and yet I know and expect it to make differences in recruiting.
Theres a balance, for both fans and recruits, and even pro ballers prefer certain teams over others
Up to us to carry our part of that as fans

Actually this type of thing can certainly play into NIL pay for our players. So yea it's relevant imo and not sure why we have some FANS that always seem to stress anything negative relating to the program? How dare there be any postive regarding the Huskers! Of course there are simply people who almost always take a negative slant on everything.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back