• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

For those proposing KU to the B1G…

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
Consider this:

1627148854977.jpeg

Adding KU and or ISU would be a complete failure. If things are going nuclear, it’s time to take a shot at the Endzone.
I’m thinking if they really blew it all up there would be some big schools in play. If the BIG wanted that AAU thing the PAC or ACC could also blow up. Who knows but it will be interesting.

Its interesting in the Big state of Texas........ A&M wants to be the only SEC team there. There is nothing Iowa would like better than the B12 to falter and Iowa State go down with them. And we have B1G fans stupid enough to propose or go along with the idea of throwing Iowa State a life raft and have two B1G teams in a small population base? Same thing for Kansas. We hear posters talk as if Kansas has a great draw in Kansas City and St louis. Then why the heck would we want to throw them a life preserver when they are in direct competition for the players we want. I'll swear some posters can't see the tree's through the forest. OK rant done. Apologies to anyone offended. :Cheers:

Why is team record a factor in whether to bring a school into the conference???

I couldn’t care less. There’s plenty of good teams in the B1G. If anything there’s too many good teams in the B1G with Indiana, Rutgers, and Maryland potentially becoming quite good.

I want their HS/JUCO players.

Its interesting in the Big state of Texas........ A&M wants to be the only SEC team there. There is nothing Iowa would like better than the B12 to falter and Iowa State go down with them. And we have B1G fans stupid enough to propose or go along with the idea of throwing Iowa State a life raft and have two B1G teams in a small population base? Same thing for Kansas. We hear posters talk as if Kansas has a great draw in Kansas City and St louis. Then why the heck would we want to throw them a life preserver when they are in direct competition for the players we want. I'll swear some posters can't see the tree's through the forest. OK rant done. Apologies to anyone offended. :Cheers:
I’m not offended and I agree completely on Iowa St. I said yesterday that I would consider Kansas if we got Missouri or a package of other schools. Kansas by themselves doesn’t move the needle much. Iowa St. is a MAC team.

Why is team record a factor in whether to bring a school into the conference???

I couldn’t care less. There’s plenty of good teams in the B1G. If anything there’s too many good teams in the B1G with Indiana, Rutgers, and Maryland potentially becoming quite good.

I want their HS/JUCO players.
I think alumni base and tv viewers still matter. However tv market or streaming it doesn’t matter. I believe KC and St Louis would be nice markets to tap and Missouri has good recruiting. I grew up in KC and I’m assuming you live there. Kansas is a National brand in basketball. I wonder what they would bring in viewership. I really don’t know.

I’m not offended and I agree completely on Iowa St. I said yesterday that I would consider Kansas if we got Missouri or a package of other schools. Kansas by themselves doesn’t move the needle much. Iowa St. is a MAC team.
I wasn't referring to you. I know you had said both those things about Iowa State and Kansas. Quite truthfully I'm not even referring to many posters on here. Ive been reading some other comments on another site and facebook where people are supporting the Kansas Iowa state addition.

I’m thinking if they really blew it all up there would be some big schools in play. If the BIG wanted that AAU thing the PAC or ACC could also blow up. Who knows but it will be interesting.
I think the PAC teams will not join any other conference due to the time zone probs and the many, many flights over the mountains for all of their sports teams. That is a big expenditure, for both conferences. Maybe CU with their AAU status. I like the idea of CU & KU coming to the B1G.

Last edited:
I think the PAC teams will not join any other conference due to the time zone probs and the many, many flights over the mountains for all of their sports teams. That is a big expenditure. Maybe CU with their AAU status. I like the idea of CU & KU coming to the B1G.
If it’s going to actually blow up they have to be proactive. The PAC cannot compete currently if others expand. I’m thinking bigger. USC, Oregon, Washington, Stanford. The rest could go join whatever’s left of the little12.

I don't like CU either but we have taken a lot of talent from that state over the years, including good ones on our current roster. I don't want to see that dry up.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back