• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Could there be a worse time to have KW as commish?

SavageHusker

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
With all that’s suddenly going on with realignment, could there be a worse time to have KW as commissioner? There are reports out there that the SEC has reached out to tOSU and maybe MI. Hopefully OSU is loyal to the BIG. I do think the BIG is more than sports, with huge grant money. These ARE academic institutions first and foremost. But unless the BIG moves fast and decisively, we could end up being a permanent #2 or #3 conference.

One thing that gives me some hope is Alvarez. As much as I think he screwed us by saddling us with Eichorst when we were already saddled with Pearlman I do hope he can get Warren to move decisively.

With all that’s suddenly going on with realignment, could there be a worse time to have KW as commissioner? There are reports out there that the SEC has reached out to tOSU and maybe MI. Hopefully OSU is loyal to the BIG. I do think the BIG is more than sports, with huge grant money. These ARE academic institutions first and foremost. But unless the BIG moves fast and decisively, we could end up being a permanent #2 or #3 conference.

One thing that gives me some hope is Alvarez. As much as I think he screwed us by saddling us with Eichorst when we were already saddled with Pearlman I do hope he can get Warren to move decisively.
There are a lot of reasons why this wont happen but I doubt true blood football supporters, coaches and administration want to be in a conference that is that deep in blue bloods fighting for a single conference champion.

I like your post for the most part and don't think OSU and or Michigan would bolt but we are already #2 conference and probably always will be. SEC just has too many built in advantages over any northern conference.

I like your post for the most part and don't think OSU and or Michigan would bolt but we are already #2 conference and probably always will be. SEC just has too many built in advantages over any northern conference.
I can’t see Ohio st. Or Michigan jumping to the SEC. I realistically could see four or five PAC schools joining the BIG. The money would be way more. The PAC struggles because their games are always on late. If the top four to five teams joined the BIG it would be just as strong as the SEC.

Quick…hire Jim Delaney as a consultant!!

18172471_G.jpg

Last edited:

There are a lot of reasons why this wont happen but I doubt true blood football supporters, coaches and administration want to be in a conference that is that deep in blue bloods fighting for a single conference champion.
Probably not. But, a week ago did you see OU and TX going to the SEC? Be honest :)

Another thing to jump on is go after A&M, maybe Baylor or TCU. Texas TVs and Texas recruits make it worth pursuing
I don't think A&M is a possibility but I like Baylor and TCU. It gives a foot print into Texas and quite truthfully Baylor basketball isn't too shabby. Certainly neither are blue blood football but I think its better than Iowa State Kansas option. I'm guessing the Iowa State option would go over in Iowa City about as well as Texas going over with A&M. We don't need another Iowa school in the B1G.

Probably not. But, a week ago did you see OU and TX going to the SEC? Be honest :)
No but quite frankly still don't see it. However the conversations by the fans seems to be intensifying so I guess we have to go with the flow. Just seems like there are a lot of hurdles before this actually happens. Unfortunately even the talk of it could send people scrambling on the back side. Thats what happened when we left the Big 12. Discussions by Texas and OU about leaving the Big 12 had us looking around.

I think any time is the worst time to have him as our commissioner.Truly believe he is in way over his head.Jmo.Keep the faith.GBR.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back